The more ice cream at Walt Disney World, the better. A new ice cream place is opening at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort for all guests to enjoy.
The location is called BoardWalk Ice Cream (Disney Food Blog was the first to report the news) and visitors can start purchasing ice cream beginning Thursday, May 20 at 3 p.m., according to the posted wait hours on the Disney World website.
The official description of the new dessert location says the spot features “ice cream and sundaes to go.”
There are even menu items inspired by Beaches & Cream Soda Shop found at Disney’s Beach Club, including: the Shore-Side Sundae with Snickers, Bay-Side Brownie a la Mode, and the Strawberry Splash Shortcake.
You can also order individual flavors, like Rainbow Sherbet, Butter Pecan, Coffee, Strawberry, and Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl (no sugar added).
There isn’t indoor seating, but there are usually tables and chairs outside for guests to use. Plus, you can always find another spot along the boardwalk.
You’ll find BoardWalk Ice Cream where Ample Hills Creamery used to be. In July 2020, the company confirmed that its BoardWalk location was closing for good and that its future Disney Springs shop wasn’t moving forward.
Last July, Ample Hills provided Delish with the following statement from Disney regarding the news, “Our agreement with Ample Hills Creamery ended earlier this year. As a result, Ample Hills will close at Disney’s BoardWalk and the proposed Ample Hills location at Disney Springs will not open later this year.”
With summer fast approaching, there’s a lot to look forward to at Disney World, including the reopening of Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom. Be sure to also check out our guide on what’s currently open at all of the Disney World resorts.
If you’re interested in booking a trip to Disney World, an expert travel planning professional at Small World Vacations can help!
- Harmony Barber Shop Reopening In July At Magic Kingdom
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- Salt & Straw Officially Opens At Disney Springs
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant Finally Opening In 2022 At Toy Story Land
- 2023 Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced - November 21, 2022
- Oasis at Animal Kingdom (DiVine, Rainforest Cafe, animals) - November 21, 2022
- Mickey’s Toontown Reopens March 2023 at Disneyland - November 18, 2022