Extra Magic Hours are a perk of staying on-site in a Disney World resort but they might not always make sense for you. Today, I have info on the best use of Extra Magic Hours and situations where they make sense.
I also have a quick tip of the day on using microwaves at your on-site resort.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Extra Magic Hours
- Extra Magic Hours (EMH) are extra hours before or after a park's official operating times that allow on-site guests to visit
- Not all rides are open during EMH. You can check this chart for which attractions are open.
- On the best/worst parks charts on the monthly dashboards, I don't usually recommend EMHs because those are usually the busiest parks of the day
- EMHs often do make sense in some situations such as:
- Animal Kingdom which isn't as affected by crowds
- People who have park hopper tickets
- Late risers who can't wake up to visit parks early but can stay for late night EMHs
- Travelers visiting during peak times
- Those who want to ride headliners multiple times
Quick tip of the day
Most Disney World resort rooms don't have microwaves but you can use the microwave in the food court or Quick Service location.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Do you have any questions or additional suggestions about Extra Magic Hours? Feel free to share in the comments.