Now that I’ve stayed at all of the Disney World resorts, I wanted to give you my ranking of the Deluxe resorts. Some might surprise you.
I also have a quick tip if you’re struggling with the My Disney Experience app.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
My Deluxe Resort ranking
8.) Boardwalk Inn – nearby resorts much better, have to go outside for all food and drinks, pool is creepy to many
7.) Grand Floridian Resort – good food, 1 monorail stop away from Magic Kingdom, but expensive, lacks Disney theming, inconsistent service
6.) Wilderness Lodge – smaller, dark rooms, frustrating transportation, food has improved
5.) Animal Kingdom Lodge – most gorgeous resort at Disney World, great onsite food, lower cost than most Deluxe resorts, animal views and lots of resort activities, does have service and transportation issues
4.) Yacht Club Resort – fantastic pool, great food, darker theming which may not appeal to all, walk to 2 parks
3.) Polynesian Village Resort – monorail access to 2 parks, fantastic food, studio villa rooms have an extra bathroom
2.) Beach Club Resort – 5 minute walk to Epcot, 15 minus walk to Hollywood Studios, bright and airy and smells good, best onsite pool, character breakfast, easy access to lots of great restaurants
1.) Contemporary Resort (main building) – best transportation or park access (walk to MK, buses at resort and MK bus stop, monorail), great food at resort, all views are good, monorail going through building is a thrill
Quick tip of the day
The My Disney Experience app causes a lot of problems for a lot of people, so consider using your phone’s browser as a backup option if you run into issues.
Not all of the functionality of the app can be found in the browser, but the ability to do things like make reservations, view plans, and check park hours comes in handy if you can’t do it in the app.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- Disneyland Announces Early Entry & More For Resort Hotel Guests In Summer 2022
- 2022 Spring & Early Summer Disney World Resort Hotel Offers Now Available
- New Disney Vacation Club Villas Replacing Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show At Polynesian
- Disney College Program with Brooke Rogers – PREP 325 - October 4, 2022
- Recapping D23 Expo announcements with Allyson and Shannon – PREP 323 - September 20, 2022
- Planning Special Events at Disney World with Allison Mertzman – PREP 322 - September 13, 2022