The more dining options at Walt Disney World, the better.
Disney announced on May 5 that guests will have three additional restaurants to enjoy, including two more character dining experiences.
These include: Chef Mickey’s Dinner, Cape May Café, and Tusker House!
Here’s what you need to know.
Chef Mickey’s Dinner (Contemporary Resort)
Starting May 16 (and in addition to Chef Mickey’s breakfast option) guests will also be able to try Chef Mickey’s Dinner.
This will be an all-you-care-to-enjoy family-style dinner with socially-distanced character interactions with the Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald).
Guests will also receive a souvenir with character signatures and colorful artwork.
The dinner menu will include (to name a few) starters like “Chef Mickey’s Caesar,” citrus-poached shrimp salad, and assorted breads.
There will be main courses of gnocchi, roasted garlic potato Gratin, plant-based faro wheat fried rice, prime rib, roasted turkey, and salmon.
Of course, you’ll also get dessert. As for little ones, they can try the mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, turkey corn dog nuggets, and more.
You can browse the full menu online. Pricing is $55 per adult (plus tax and gratuity) and $36 per child (plus tax gratuity).
Cape May Café (Beach Club Resort)
You’ll once again be able to enjoy Cape May Café beginning May 18!
But, it will be different than you remember. Breakfast and dinner will be served, but Minnie’s Beach Bash Character Breakfast and the Seafood-and-More Dinner Buffet will not return at reopening.
Instead, there will be an all-you-care-to enjoy family-style breakfast menu with pastries (including the layered crispy, cream-filled “Lobster Tail”), omelets, and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse waffles.
As for dinner, try the house-made Parker House rolls and corn bread, a seafood boil with a variety of fresh seafood, The Turf Platter with steak and chicken, and lobster mac and cheese.
You can browse the full menus online. Here is pricing:
- Breakfast: $25 per adult (plus tax and gratuity) and $14 per child (plus tax gratuity)
- Dinner: $42 per adult (plus tax and gratuity) and $25 per child (plus tax gratuity)
Tusker House (Animal Kingdom)
Finally, Tusker House will reopen this summer at Animal Kingdom.
We don’t have an exact reopening date, but when the character-dining experience returns, it will be modified.
Donald Duck and friends (usually Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy) will still appear in safari attire, but in a socially-distanced way.
Usually a buffet, Tusker House will instead serve African-flavored family-style entrees. More information about the menu and reservations are expected to be revealed at a later date.
If you’re interested in booking a Disney World vacation (and don’t want to worry about making dining reservations), contact a travel planning professional at Small World Vacations.
- Tusker House Will Reopen At Animal Kingdom In June With Modifications
- Character Dining Returns To Chef Mickey’s Starting December 16
- ‘Ohana & More Dining Locations Are Reopening At Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney Junior Character Breakfast Returning To Hollywood & Vine
- California Grill Offering Limited-Time Menu For 50th Anniversary
- 9 Epcot Food and Wine Tips to Help You Navigate the 2021 Festival - September 28, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Holiday Guide (including the new After Hours) - September 23, 2021
- New 2021 Disneyland Fall & Holiday Room Offers Now Available - September 23, 2021