Disney first announced on May 7 that Disney Springs would reopen in phases and now we have even more details regarding health and safety protocols for guests and all employees.
The following is a lot to take in, but also important. Make sure you read through everything carefully, especially if you plan on visiting once the shopping and dining center reopens on May 20.
Remember, only a limited number of dining and retail locations operated by third-party participants will be open on May 20. But, starting May 27, a number of Disney-owned shops and restaurants, like World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order), and the Marketplace Co-Op will begin opening as well.
As for health and safety protocols, here’s what you need to know:
1. Limited parking and reduced entrances
- Guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime garages; all surface parking lots will be closed.
- Guest entryways to 4 locations will be reduced at opening: Orange and Lime garages, the Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge and the rideshare location. Guest will not be able to access Disney Springs via the Grapefruit garage.
2. Temperature screenings prior to entry
- All Guests are required to undergo temperature screenings upon arrival at Disney Springs
- Guests will undergo temperature screenings on the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime parking garages and the Marketplace Entrance (to serve Guests from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge and the rideshare drop-off lot).
- All employees will be required to complete a health screening and temperature check at home, prior to coming to work.
IMPORTANT: Based on guidance from health authorities, those displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will go to another location to be rescreened. Anyone with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed entry AND those in their party will not be allowed entry either.
3. Face coverings are required for everyone
- All Guests ages 3 and older and all employees are required to wear an appropriate face covering. You must bring their own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining.
- Physical barriers have also been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines.
- It is recommended that guests use cashless or contactless payment options, including credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards Redemption Cards, and mobile wallets.
There will also be temporary reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas. Furthermore, there will be increased cleaning and disinfection, along with the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers.
If or when more information is announced, we’ll certainly update you. Be sure to also check out our page for further details on Walt Disney World’s temporary closure.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Be Our Guest review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023
- Cinderella’s Royal Table lunch & dinner review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2023 - September 18, 2023