If you’re a fan of Disney cavalcades, this news might disappoint you.
As reported by WDWMagic.com on Friday, April 30, the Mickey and Friends World Tour cavalcade that travels around Epcot’s World Showcase is coming to an end.
The final day for the mini-parade featuring Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto is May 4, 2021.
The following day (May 5) guests will be able to catch Mickey and friends at the front of the park in the Epcot entrance plaza for socially-distanced character interactions.
Pluto, Goofy, and Minnie have been making appearances at the front of Epcot for awhile now, but now it seems to be a permanent place for them. Mickey will also join them.
At this time, the Princess Promenade’s future that also makes loops around the World Showcase remains unknown. We’ll be sure to keep you updated.
If you recall, Anna and Elsa used to be part of a Frozen cavalcade, which ended once the sisters started making appearances in the Norway pavilion.
You can catch them sporadically for physically-distanced photos throughout the day.
Even though the Mickey and Friends World Tour cavalcade is ending at Epcot, you can still catch characters throughout the park, including Joy and Winnie the Pooh by the Imagination! pavilion and Alice and Mary Poppins in the U.K. pavilion.
It’s unclear if cavalcades are being phased out at Epcot or if new ones are on the way. Whatever the case, we will definitely keep you in the loop.
Be sure to also check out our guide on where you can currently find characters across Disney World.
- Magic Kingdom Holiday Cavalcades Will Run 7 Days A Week, Except For One
- Epcot’s Festival Of The Holidays Extended Through December 31
- Epcot’s Harmonious & New Magic Kingdom Nighttime Show Debuting For The 50th
- Dates, Pricing, Cavalcades & More Announced For Disney After Hours Boo Bash
- A New Exhibit Inspired By Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Is Coming To Epcot In February
- Candlelight Processional Narrators & More 2021 Festival Of The Holidays Details Announced - October 15, 2021
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours Adds New Stage Show & More Holiday News - October 14, 2021
- Is Space 220 Worth The Money? A Breakdown Of Epcot’s Newest Restaurant - October 13, 2021