Today, I have info on making the most of your FastPass+ reservations, including a quick reference chart that you can save to use later.
I also have a quick tip to help you save room on your phone for vacation pics.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Tips for making FastPass+ reservations
- Use FastPass+ only for attractions that require it. You can use my guides for all 4 parks to see which ones I suggest (and the graphic below).
- Consider not using FastPass+ for rides that offer a single rider line (Expedition Everest, Test Track and Rock N Roller Coaster)
- Use FastPass+ at attractions that take longer such as Enchanted Tales with Belle (see length of more attractions)
- Make use of Rider Switch
- Don’t use FastPass+ if the standby line is short
- Save FastPass+ for late morning or early afternoon
- You can park hop and use 3 FastPass+ reservations in 1 park and then hop to another park to get another FastPass+ using the kiosks in that park
Use this quick reference graphic to help remember the rides that are the best to use with FastPass+:
Quick tip of the day
Install the Dropbox app on your phone and use it to store your photos so you don’t run out of room during your trip.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
Do you have any questions or additional info about FastPass+? Feel free to share in the comments.
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- 2023 Disneyland Packages Now Available To Book
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Announces 2023 Southern California Resident Ticket Offer
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
- Traveling on the Spectrum – PREP 346 - February 28, 2023
Sunday 15th of January 2017
I'm torn between Fantasmic and Toy Story mania for my tier 1 fastpass + I'll be there with my 3 year old. We go to Disneyland regularly so we can ride toy story mania when back home but we can't see Fantasmic. In this case would you use your tier 1 FP+ on Fantasmic?
Friday 12th of February 2016
Why would you ride the single rider line?
Tuesday 12th of May 2015
Should you use a fastpass for "Celebrate the magic" parade? Help! I'm so confused and overwhelmed lol!
Saturday 21st of February 2015
I just wanted to clarify...I noticed on TheDibb that Elsa and Anna were booked out beyond the 60 day reservation date i.e. 63 days out. So, I'm taking it that if you are staying at a resort for say 6 days, you can book all 6 days FP+ attractions for all parks 60 days out from the check-in date?
Sunday 22nd of February 2015
Yep. That's correct.
Monday 6th of October 2014
Depending on availability, and what your fastpasses are... you can move the times up after you've used the one before. For example, we had a 11:10 FP for Peter Pan's Flight, and the next FP was at 12:10... after we had gone through the second FP checkpoint, my husband jumped on the app and moved the next one up to 10:30 instead. Obviously, this only works if there's availability to do this and if the attractions are close. The other nice thing about this is that you can then get even more FPs later! I think the first day we did this, we ended up with 8 FPs for that one day. (We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, so a LOT of the things we wanted to do had high availability. Over the ten days we were in the parks, I know we did Finding Nemo in Epcot 14 times, Pooh bear ride in MK 6, etc.) This might not help everyone, but I hope this tip helps someone!