Even after mask requirements were dropped for vaccinated guests in other areas of the park, face coverings were still required when riding the Disney Skyliner. But, beginning tomorrow, March 16, that changes.
In a statement released today, Disney said “Given recent trends and guidelines, we are prepared to make an update to select transportation modes for Guests.” That includes dropping the face covering requirements on the Disney Skyliner.
In addition to masks soon being optional on the Skyliner gondolas, tomorrow masks will also become optional for fully vaccinated Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests on the transport used to go between the resort (aka the Halcyon Starcuriser) and Batuu/Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios.
Please note that masks are still required for guests using the monorail and Disney buses. That requirement (which was recently extended) is not a Disney policy, but rather a requirement by the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA).
Look for that policy to be reviewed at the Federal level in April.
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- MagicBand+ Debuts October 26 at Disneyland
- Early 2023 Florida Resident Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Now Available
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Touring Animal Kingdom (without Genie+) - May 20, 2023
- Magic Kingdom Early Entry & Rope Drop (tips & strategy) - May 16, 2023
- When can I book a Disney World package for 2024? - May 8, 2023