Two popular limited-time events are returning to Disney California Adventure in 2022!
The Lunar New Year Celebration and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival are officially back next year and there’s a lot to look forward to.
Let’s break down all of the details!
Lunar New Year Celebration (January 21 – February 13, 2022)
The Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure commemorates traditions of Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures.
There are multicultural performances, special activities, culinary delights, beautiful décor, celebratory merchandise, and more.
Here’s what to expect for 2022:
- A celebration for the Year of the Tiger.
- Tigger joins the fun (this is NEW!), along with Mulan and Mushu, Mickey and Minnie, the Three Little Pigs and more. They will all be in festive attire.
- Raya from Raya and the Last Dragon will appear for the very first time at Disneyland Resort during the celebration. You’ll be able to see Raya in a setting inspired by her native Kumandra, recreated in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
- Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession also returns, with host Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu. The performance will feature dozens of spirited parade performers as they honor family, friendship, and the potential for a fortune-filled new year.
- Live musical entertainment will also be at the Paradise Garden Bandstand.
- The Sip and Savor Pass will also be back for the 4 Lunar New Year marketplaces, all featuring Asian cuisine.
- Expect special Lunar New Year-inspired food and beverage offerings at select dining locations throughout the park.
- Other cherished Lunar New Year traditions, like the Lucky Wishing Wall and craft activities, will be part of the celebration too.
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival (March 4 – April 26, 2022)
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is all about exploring California regions and neighborhoods in a variety of ways, including with food and drinks, entertainment, merchandise, and more.
Here’s what you can expect during the 2022 festival:
- Taste your way through a dozen festival marketplaces that offer an assortment of bites and beverages.
- You’ll be able to purchase a Sip and Savor Pass to enjoy the marketplace offerings.
- Complimentary culinary demonstrations with local, celebrity and Disney chefs will return on Saturdays and Sundays
- Special signature events will also be available to book and purchase, including the Carthay Circle Winemaker Receptions, and Wine, Beer and Mixology Education & Tasting Seminars.
- You’ll be able to watch live entertainment live at the Palisades Stage and Paradise Gardens Bandstand, enjoy visits with Chef Goofy and friends, and take part in craft activities.
Further details will be shared about the Lunar New Year celebration and the Food & Wine Festival on Disneyland.com sometime soon. Plus, official foodie guides and other information will be posted on the Disney Parks Blog closer to the events.
If you’d like to book a trip to the Disneyland Resort for the start of the new year or to celebrate either of these special limited-time events, an expert travel agent at Small World Vacations can help.
- 2022 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced
- Holidays Return To Disneyland November 2021 With A Parade & Fireworks
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- Oogie Boogie Bash & More Halloween Fun Returning To Disneyland In Fall 2021
- New ‘Coco’ Scene Is Coming To Mickey’s PhilharMagic