One of the best parts of staying at a Disney World resort is the ability to get your boarding pass and check your bags at the resort for the return flight home, saving you lots of time and luggage transfer hassle.
Anybody can use it – you do not have to be using Magical Express.
Here’s how Resort Airline Check-In at Disney World works…
Update: Resort Airline Check-In Temporarily Unavailable
Since the re-opening of the Walt Disney World resort in July 2020, the resort airline check-in service has been unavailable. Disney has not announced when or if this service will be returning, but we will update this page if we hear any updates.
Read more about what you can expect at Walt Disney World after the reopening.
How resort airline check-in works
The resort airline desks are usually located in the lobby or entrance area of Disney World resorts and are open from 5 a.m. to noon only.
If your flight is before 8 a.m., you will not be able to check your bags but can take your luggage with you to check at the airport. You must check in at least 3 hours before your flight departure, but can’t check in for your flight more than 12 hours in advance.
It is appropriate to tip the people handling your luggage here because it is similar to curbside check in at the airport.
Some warnings about some issues people have had:
- Boarding passes printed at the front desk of the resort and not the resort airline check-in are often/usually rejected at the airport
- People flying on airlines that have some tickets without assigned seats (like Delta) will not be able to use Resort Airline Check-In (people flying Southwest should be fine)
- People with names that are hyphenated or contain something extra like “Jr.” will often not be able to use Resort Airline Check-In
- If your flight is delayed, Resort Airline Check-In may not be an option
All resort guests flying on one of the following airlines (including international guests) can get boarding passes for their flight at their resort and check their bags as well. This is not limited to only people using Magical Express.
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines (domestic flights only)
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
If you’re flying an airline that requires you to pay for checked bags, you will need to do that at the Resort Airline Check-In desk.
Oversized bags (usually anything over 50 pounds) are not allowed here and will have to be checked at the airport.
People who are flying on airlines that are not listed above cannot take advantage of this service, but can still use Magical Express.
You would just need to bring your own luggage when you get on the bus, and then get your boarding pass and check your bags at the airport.
Departure day tips
Planning to go to a park or have a meal before heading to the airport? Here’s a suggestion for how to plan your departure day.
- Pack your bags and head to the airline check-in desk at your resort
- Take any carry-on bags that you don’t want to lug around to bell services
- Enjoy your time in the parks or wherever else you’re headed
- Return to resort to pick up bags from bell services
- Head to the airport. With your bags already checked, your airport time will be much easier.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Briana’s large family trip to Disney World – PREP 385 - November 28, 2023
- Disney World birthday trip with Savannah and her mom – PREP 384 - November 21, 2023
- All About Drawn to Life in Disney Springs - November 15, 2023