When will I be able to book a Disney dessert party for my trip?!
I wish I could tell you how many times a week we get asked this question. And that makes total sense because the process for booking dessert parties has gotten pretty confusing in recent years.
Disney publicizes that the dessert parties open up for booking at 180 days (like dining reservations) and while that may be true sometimes, it definitely isn’t true all of the time.
In fact, more often than not you’ll find that those pesky dessert parties don’t open up at 180 days. Or even at 90 days. Sometimes they don’t even open up at 60 days.
And, there really isn’t any rhyme or reason to it. Well, at least not to “us” non-Disney employed folks there isn’t.
Disney World dessert party booking: a lesson in patience
So, what do you do if you’re waiting for a party to open up?
We wish there was something more scientific we could offer but unfortunately that is about all we can say.
You’ll know things are getting close to opening up if you see lots of dates that weren’t showing up on the calendar suddenly appearing. But don’t be alarmed if even if the dates look open, there isn’t anything showing up as available.
There is generally a delay between the dates showing up on the calendar and tables officially opening up; sometimes you wont be able to actually book anything for a while – but typically by the following morning, you should be able to.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to prepay for your reservation so you’ll want to be prepared with your payment information when the time comes to book!
Dessert party reviews
Disney has lots of fantastic dessert party options and they can be a great way to add a little splurge to your trip.
If you’d like more information as to what is available (including a comparison between them all) you’ll definitely want to read our guides and reviews:
- Walt Disney World Releases More 2020 Holiday Park Hours
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For The Holidays
- 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available To Book
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Can Be Booked Through End Of 2021
- Walt Disney World Posts Park Hours Through Early January 2021
- How much does it cost to go to Disney World? (including example trips) - July 8, 2021
- Disneyland vs Disney World: Which One Should You Visit? - June 24, 2021
- Fireworks are back! Here’s what’s still closed. - June 18, 2021