Another exciting attraction will open the same day as Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway — the Mickey Shorts Theater.
The Hollywood Studios theater was first announced in September 2019. We previously learned the new park spot would open sometime this March, but now we have an official date — March 4, 2020.
If that isn’t exciting enough, an original cartoon that’s exclusive to Walt Disney World will also debut the same day as the theater.
The animated short is called Vacation Fun starring, of course, Mickey and Minnie, and will celebrate their favorite vacation memories, along with a few new adventures.
The cartoon will also feature new footage, along with clips from well-known Mickey shorts, like Couples Sweaters, Panda-monium, Potatoland, Croissant de Triomphe, Entombed, Dumb Luck, Al Rojo Vivo, Yodelburg, and Outback at Ya!
Following the cartoon, guests will even be able to step inside life-sized versions of beloved animated Mickey shorts for fun photo-ops, including Yodelburg, Potatoland, Entombed, and Panda-monium.
The Mickey Shorts Theater will be located where Star Wars: Path of the Jedi was previously housed.
- New ‘Coco’ Scene Is Coming To Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- More Dining Opening At Disney World, Including New Chef Mickey’s Dinner
- Disneyland Will Reopen On April 30
- Walt Disney World Releases Date-Based, Multi-Day Ticket Update
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Launches On March 1, 2022
- Candlelight Processional Narrators & More 2021 Festival Of The Holidays Details Announced - October 15, 2021
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours Adds New Stage Show & More Holiday News - October 14, 2021
- Is Space 220 Worth The Money? A Breakdown Of Epcot’s Newest Restaurant - October 13, 2021