Today (Nov. 6) is the day! The holidays officially begin across Walt Disney World and there’s so much to enjoy.
On Friday, Disney released even more details about the seasonal celebrations, including how Tower of Terror is once again getting a holiday transformation, but in a modified way.
Keep reading to see what you can expect at the parks this year.
- A merry motorcade starring Santa Claus, who will be led by elves and ride in a red convertible packed with presents along Hollywood Boulevard.
- “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” adds a festive finale, featuring Olaf and seasonal songs.
- At night, Tower of Terror will become the the “Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel” as it lights up with projections featuring a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story toy hotel, a snowy corner of Arendelle, and a Dickensian village inspired by “Mickey’s Christmas Carol”. This is essentially a modified version of Sunset Seasons Greetings.
Here are all of the holiday cavalcades and entertainment happening at Magic Kingdom:
- Cinderella Castle Holiday Projections: Holiday projections on Cinderella Castle, including a Whimsical Christmas sweater, a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation, festive stripes and dots, and a jeweled winter castle. These are in place of the Dream Lights.
- Main Street Philharmonic: Toy Soldiers march down the parade route with the Main Street Philharmonic as they play holiday music.
- Santa’s Christmas Cavalcade: Reindeer lead the way as Santa Claus glides down the parade route in his sleigh.
- A Royal Christmas Processional: Cinderella and fellow Disney princesses wave from a crystal float decorated for the season.
- Mickey’s Holiday Cavalcade: Mickey and Minnie (and friends) greet guests from their Christmas tree float.
- Goofy’s Scrumptious Cavalcade: Goofy and his friends cook up holiday fun from festive floats.
- Holiday Trolley: The Dapper Dans in their holiday attire sing to guests as they ride the horse-drawn trolley up and down Main Street, U.S.A.
- The Muppets: That’s right, the Muppets have returned to Liberty Square to entertain guests and spread holiday cheer.
There are several festive flotillas to look out for as they float down the Discovery River:
- Donald’s Dino Bash Festive Flotilla
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Festive Flotilla
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla
- Mickey and Friends Festive Flotilla
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla
You can also expect the return of the Tree of Life Holiday Awakenings at Animal Kingdom, in which the Tree of Life comes alive each night with holiday and nature projections. This runs randomly throughout the evening, so check My Disney Experience for a time frame.
There’s certainly a lot to enjoy for the holidays, even without Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the Candlelight Processional.
- Magic Kingdom Holiday Cavalcades Will Run 7 Days A Week, Except For One
- WDW Announces 2020 Holiday Offerings & MVMCP Isn’t One Of Them
- Epcot’s Festival Of The Holidays Extended Through December 31
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For The Holidays
- Disney Springs’ 2020 Holiday Offerings Include Santa On A Pontoon Boat