It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Well, almost.
Disney announced on Sept. 1 that the holidays officially return to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure beginning Nov. 12, 2021 through Jan. 9, 2022 (3 days more than usual!).
There are many returning favorites, including the holiday parade, special fireworks, decorations, and, of course, beloved attractions receiving holiday overlays.
Here’s what you can expect for the 2021-2022 Disneyland holiday season!
Not only will Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle return, but so will the 60-foot Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A.
Oh, and, yes, A Christmas Fantasy parade is back as well, along with popular Disney characters and Santa Claus, himself.
In the evenings, you’ll be able to enjoy the Believe … in Holiday Magic fireworks spectacular and snow falling across portions of Main Street.
If you’re hoping for the holiday transformations of both “it’s a small world” and Haunted Mansion, you’ll be happy to hear that is once again happening this year.
Per usual, for “it’s a small world,” guests will also be able to enjoy light projections across the exterior in the evenings. These will occur every 30 minutes.
Remember, Haunted Mansion Holiday (inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas) will run for both Halloween and the holiday seasons starting Sept. 3, 2021.
Disney California Adventure
Over at California Adventure, there’s even more holiday festivities to enjoy during the Festival of Holidays, which celebrates Christmas/Navidad, Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Three Kings’ Day.
Let’s break it down.
- Mickey’s Happy Holidays: Mickey Mouse and pals dance to the magical merry rhythms of the Holiday Toy Drummers
- Mariachi Divas: festive spin on classic holiday tunes
- Mostly Kosher: honors Hanukkah with an eclectic blend of musical styles from klezmer and jazz to Latin and rock
- Blue13 Dance Company: salutes Diwali with traditional dances during a Bollywood party
- Phat Cat Swinger: brassy, classy, swinging and holiday music selections
- The Suffragettes: a cover band performing chart-topping hits from favorite musical artists
- Holiday Toy Drummers: march to their own beat while drumming
Disney ¡Viva Navidad!
This is a fun street party featuring Disney characters (like Mickey and Minnie in their “feiesta best”), Mexican folklórico dancers and Mariachis, Brazilian samba dancers and percussionists, and giant mojiganga puppets.
Over at Paradise Gardens, there will be themed food and beverages, live music and dance, and later in the holiday season, Mirabel from upcoming film Encanto will make her park debut.
There’s also Three Kings’ Day, which runs from Jan. 3 through Jan. 9, 2022 honoring the 3 Wise Men’s visit to the nativity.
Festival Foods Marketplace
The Festival Foods Marketplace gives guests the chance to partake in cultural celebrations through food at various locations. There will even be a Sip and Savor Pass available for purchase.
The Sip and Savor Pass provides 8 entitlement tabs that you can redeem for select food and nonalcoholic beverages at participating Festival Foods Marketplace kiosks and dining locations.
The pass expires Jan. 9, 2022 and entitlement tabs may not be redeemed at any other event. You’ll get tasting-size portions only (similar to an Epcot festival).
Santa At Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
From Nov. 12 through Dec. 24, 2021, you’ll be able to able to wave hello and snap photos of Santa Claus at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. The trail will also be transformed into a holiday playground with seasonal games and outdoor activities.
Buena Vista Street Holiday Tree Lighting
In the plaza outside Elias & Co, there will be a special holiday lighting of the 50-foot-tree every evening.
Downtown Disney & Hotels
You’ll also be able to see traditional holiday decorations and carolers across Downtown Disney and the Disney Resort hotels on property.
Inside Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, there will even be giant gingerbread house with new details this year.
Are you interested in visiting Disneyland for the holidays? Contact a Small World Vacations travel agent for all of your holiday-planning needs!
- A Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Ends On November 22
- Epcot’s Festival Of The Holidays Extended Through December 31
- Passholders Receive Discount At Select Festival Of The Holidays Kitchens
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For The Holidays
- Magic Kingdom Holiday Cavalcades Will Run 7 Days A Week, Except For One
- Space 220 Will Finally Open On September 20 At Epcot - September 2, 2021
- Holidays Return To Disneyland November 2021 With A Parade & Fireworks - September 1, 2021
- Walt Disney World Announces New Annual Passes, On Sale September 8 - August 30, 2021