We are Halfway to the Holidays, and that means we’re getting *lots* of news about what’s in store later this year for the Disney Parks.
We’ve already covered everything we know about the Holidays at Walt Disney World, so let’s take a minute to preview what we can expect to see over at Disneyland!
I was lucky enough to get a taste of Disneyland at Christmas last year, so reading about everything they have in plan so far for 2022 is making me even more excited for everyone getting to check it out this holiday season.
Holiday Nighttime Spectaculars
First up, 2 fan favorite nighttime holiday shows WILL be returning.
You read that right, both the “Believe… In Holiday Magic” fireworks at Disneyland park and “World of Color – Season of Light” over at Disney California Adventure will be back.
For reference, here’s what Disney says about “Believe… In Holiday Magic”:
“Believe… In Holiday Magic” fireworks is a dazzling nighttime display that brings a medley of heartwarming holiday music and culminates with a magical snowfall in several areas of the Disneyland park including Main Street, U.S.A., near the Rivers of America and in front of “it’s a small world.”
And, as for “World of Color – Season of Light”, they say:
“This spectacular winter fantasy blends classic holiday songs with memorable moments from treasured Disney and Pixar films that illuminate a wall of mist, as fountains dance in this mesmerizing spectacle with stories of friendship, family and love.”
Sounds perfect to me!
What would the holidays be without a little gingerbread? Or, in Disney’s case, a LOT of gingerbread?!
Disney’s Grand Californian will once again be home to a giant, 7 foot gingerbread display.
We checked it out last year, and just like the ones at Walt Disney World, it is AMAZING! Just peep the specs from last year’s display:
Holiday Attire & Decorations
When it comes to characters, you really can’t beat Disneyland and you can be sure that when the holidays hit the parks, they’ll be dressed up in their finest.
Plus, you can pretty much guarantee that both parks will be decked out and ready to showoff exactly what the holidays at Disneyland have to offer.
Disney just gave us a tiny little taste of the 2022 holiday news for Disneyland, and there is lots more we expect to hear in the upcoming months. Stay tuned for more!
If you’d like to experience the holidays at Disneyland this year and want help with booking a hotel and purchasing special event tickets, we recommend contacting Small World Vacations.
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom
- World of Color Dining & Dessert Packages Announced
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- 2022 Complete Guide to the Candlelight Processional (Dining Packages & Standby Tips) - December 1, 2022
- Is the 2022 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party worth it? (Review & Strategy) - November 7, 2022
- 9 tips for making your visit to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party magical - November 3, 2022