I’m back after a long break and excited to chat about what things we have to look forward to at Disney World in 2017.
I also have a quick tip about how to get your photo downloads at no extra charge.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
New things to look forward to in 2017
Totally new things:
- Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom (opening date not known yet)
- Pandora – World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom (opening summer 2017). Watch this video for a preview.
- Festival of the Arts at Epcot (January 13 – February 20)
- New Typhoon Lagoon family raft ride (opening spring 2017)
- More things in Disney Springs, including reopening of Planet Hollywood
- Boulder Ridge Cove and Geyser Point Bar and Grill at Wilderness Lodge (opening summer 2017). Check this thread for construction updates.
Tweaks to existing things:
- MagicBand 2 is rolling out. Check out my pics. Get MagicBand decals from Magic Your Band.
- Food and Wine Festival at Epcot is longer than ever in 2017 (August 31 and run through November 13)
Quick tip of the day
A reader named Sarah emailed to say that if you’re connected to an Annual Passholder in My Disney Experience, they can download your pics even if they aren’t with you, saving you the cost of Memory Maker.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Festival Of The Lion King Will Officially Debut On May 15 At Animal Kingdom
- A Taste Of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Begins March 2021
- Disney Announces New MagicBand+, Launching In 2022
- Festival Of The Lion King’s Modified Show Set To Debut In Mid-May
- Complimentary MagicBands Now Cost $5 For Disney Resort Hotel Guests