Disney just dropped some more information about Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind’s virtual queue.
Unlike virtual queue systems in the past at Walt Disney World, there is an important change for Cosmic Rewind that certain guests need to take note of.
First, when Cosmic Rewind opens on May 27, guests with Epcot theme park reservations and valid theme park admission will be able to try to join the virtual queue at 7 a.m. (guests don’t have to be inside the park) or 1 p.m. (guests must be inside the park).
In a virtual queue change, there will also be a third virtual queue drop time — but only for select Disney Resort hotel guests.
Starting at 6 p.m., registered Deluxe, Deluxe Villa, Swan and Dolphin, and Shades of Green guests will be able to try to join the Cosmic Rewind virtual queue.
Keep in mind that the 6 p.m. virtual queue time is only available on select nights when Extended Evening Theme Park Hours is offered at Epcot.
Important: these eligible guests do not need to be in Epcot to request to join the virtual queue at this time.
Remember, guests can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours, meaning eligible resort guests with access to Extended Evening Theme Park Hours who obtained a virtual queue spot during regular hours can try again at 6 p.m., when available.
Cosmic Rewind will also have an Individual Lightning Lane available for guests to purchase. Standby is not available upon opening.
Tip: If you are traveling with at least 2 people with their own My Disney Experience accounts and Cosmic Rewind is a “must do” for you, split up the duties and have 1 person try for the virtual queue right at 7 a.m. while the other one tries to purchase an Individual Lightning Lane selection.
Keep in mind that the virtual queue system is completely separate from Individual Lightning Lanes, meaning if you can book both, you could end up riding Cosmic Rewind twice.
And — if you’re an eligible guest with access to extended hours, you could try the virtual queue at 6 p.m. and maybe ride it 3 times. But, of course, it’s going to be a matter of luck and some strategy.
Speaking of Individual Lightning Lane, beginning May 31 through at least August 7, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be included in Genie+ instead of as a pay-per-ride option.
This means both Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Cosmic Rewind will have Individual Lightning Lanes from May 27 through May 30.
Then, starting May 31, Cosmic Rewind will be the only Individual Lightning Lane at Epcot.
As previously announced, until August 7, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, Space Mountain, and Expedition Everest are also included in Genie+.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World (with and without Genie+)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- Lightning Lane passes at Disney World (price & more)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Memorial Day Weekend
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- 2023 Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced - November 21, 2022
- Oasis at Animal Kingdom (DiVine, Rainforest Cafe, animals) - November 21, 2022
- Mickey’s Toontown Reopens March 2023 at Disneyland - November 18, 2022