We have yet another change to the Genie+ system at Walt Disney World, Disney revealed on March 9.
Starting March 11, Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom and the Disney Stars at Red Carpet Dreams at Hollywood Studios will become Genie+ Lightning Lane selections.
What does this mean?
Similar to how you can book Genie+ selections for attractions, like Slinky Dog Dash, you’ll also be able to use Genie+ to make selections for the Magic Kingdom parade (that just returned on March 9) and to meet Minnie in her Hollywood attire and Sorcerer Mickey at Hollywood Studios.
When it comes to Festival of Fantasy, Genie+ will give you reserved viewing. But, we don’t necessarily recommend that you waste a Genie+ selection on the parade, especially since there is plenty of place to find a spot.
However, if you don’t want to snag seats early and wait, this is a good option.
As for meeting Mickey and Minnie at Hollywood Studios, the Genie+ booking selection will allow you to bypass the Standby Line. Character lines can have lengthy wait times, depending.
And with traditional character meet and greets returning “soon,” according to Disney CFO Christine McCarthy, these lines could become even busier once guests are allowed to hug characters and get autographs again.
The way you use Genie+ is up to you, but we have all kinds of tips and strategies to help you decipher. Check out the following links for more!
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World (with and without Genie+)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- Lightning Lane passes at Disney World (price & more)
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns March 9, Plus More Entertainment News
- Expedition Everest Reopening In April, Will Be Added To Genie+
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond! Opens In June At Animal Kingdom
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom - January 17, 2023
- Tiana’s Palace Replacing French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland - January 12, 2023