Just like any other public venue there are definitely things you can and cannot bring into Disney World. And honestly, there might be a few
things that surprise you on both of the lists.
Items prohibited at Disney World:
- Anything that you can pull behind you. This includes wagons and coolers.
- Alcohol, marijuana, and illegal drugs.
- Folding chairs. Rollators are allowed but you can't bring folding chairs with you to use while you wait in line or for shows, etc.
- Selfie Sticks. These were banned a few years ago after they became a hazard on some of the attractions.
- Weapons of any kind as well as any toy weapons that could easily be mistaken for the real thing.
- Extra-large strollers. Strollers must be smaller than 36" by 52".
- Segways or any sort of mobility device that doesn't have at least 3 wheels.
- Drones, skateboards, scooters, skates, and Heelys (or any shoes with built in wheels).
- Tripods larger than what can fit inside of your backpack.
- Any clothes with objectionable or obscene language or graphics.
- Any clothes that reveal more skin than what is considered appropriate for a "family environment".
Animal Kingdom has a couple of park-specific prohibited items that are dangerous for the animals:
- Straws (paper straws are allowed)
What about costumes? Disney has some special rules for those:
- Costumes and masks should only be worn by guests younger than 14 EXCEPT during special events like Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and Star Wars themed events like Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- Toy weapons that could easily be mistaken for the "real thing" aren't allowed.
Surprising items allowed at Disney World
- Food. You can bring any food items you'd like except for alcohol and items in glass containers.
- Coolers. Small coolers are allowed - they just can't be larger than 24" by 15" by 18" (and nothing that you pull behind you).
- Umbrellas (you can't use them everywhere, but they are allowed in).