Who’s ready to ride Expedition Everest again?
The roller coaster is reopening after a lengthy refurbishment on April 16, 2022 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
But, that’s not the only news we have. Upon its return, Expedition Everest will be included in the Disney Genie+ service through at least August 7.
During this time, the roller coaster will not be available to purchase as an Individual Lightning Lane selection, just like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Hollywood Studios, Frozen Ever After at Epcot, and Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, and Space Mountain all transitioned over to Genie+ beginning February 25. At this time, Expedition Everest was closed for refurbishment, so it was unclear if it would do the same.
Typically, these attractions are not included in the list of available Genie+ attractions, but instead as an additional, separate individual Lighting Lane purchase. They can range between $7 and $15 per person.
Previously, we saw Walt Disney World briefly shift these pay-to-ride attractions to Genie+ over the holidays. It seems Disney continues to make this call as a way to handle the big crowds.
It’s unclear if these attractions will once again be available to book via the pay-per-ride option after August 7, but, as always, we’ll keep you in the loop.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World (with and without Genie+)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- Lightning Lane passes at Disney World (price & more)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023