Who’s ready to ride Expedition Everest again?
The roller coaster is reopening after a lengthy refurbishment on April 16, 2022 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
But, that’s not the only news we have. Upon its return, Expedition Everest will be included in the Disney Genie+ service through at least August 7.
During this time, the roller coaster will not be available to purchase as an Individual Lightning Lane selection, just like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Hollywood Studios, Frozen Ever After at Epcot, and Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, and Space Mountain all transitioned over to Genie+ beginning February 25. At this time, Expedition Everest was closed for refurbishment, so it was unclear if it would do the same.
Typically, these attractions are not included in the list of available Genie+ attractions, but instead as an additional, separate individual Lighting Lane purchase. They can range between $7 and $15 per person.
Previously, we saw Walt Disney World briefly shift these pay-to-ride attractions to Genie+ over the holidays. It seems Disney continues to make this call as a way to handle the big crowds.
It’s unclear if these attractions will once again be available to book via the pay-per-ride option after August 7, but, as always, we’ll keep you in the loop.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World (with and without Genie+)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- Lightning Lane passes at Disney World (price & more)
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Fantasmic Returns to Hollywood Studios in November 2022
- Disney World Genie+ Price Now Varies By Date, Plus Other Cost Increases
- The Reimagined Splash Mountain ‘Princess & The Frog’ Attraction Opening In Late 2024
- Mickey’s Toontown Reopens March 2023 at Disneyland