Who’s ready to ride Expedition Everest again?
The roller coaster is reopening after a lengthy refurbishment on April 16, 2022 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
But, that’s not the only news we have. Upon its return, Expedition Everest will be included in the Disney Genie+ service through at least August 7.
During this time, the roller coaster will not be available to purchase as an Individual Lightning Lane selection, just like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Hollywood Studios, Frozen Ever After at Epcot, and Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, and Space Mountain all transitioned over to Genie+ beginning February 25. At this time, Expedition Everest was closed for refurbishment, so it was unclear if it would do the same.
Typically, these attractions are not included in the list of available Genie+ attractions, but instead as an additional, separate individual Lighting Lane purchase. They can range between $7 and $15 per person.
Previously, we saw Walt Disney World briefly shift these pay-to-ride attractions to Genie+ over the holidays. It seems Disney continues to make this call as a way to handle the big crowds.
It’s unclear if these attractions will once again be available to book via the pay-per-ride option after August 7, but, as always, we’ll keep you in the loop.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World (with and without Genie+)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- Lightning Lane passes at Disney World (price & more)
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom - January 17, 2023
- Tiana’s Palace Replacing French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland - January 12, 2023