We have even more details about “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” coming to Walt Disney World that begins Oct. 1 and runs for 18 months straight.
Of course, this celebration is for the 50th anniversary and there’s quite a bit of new information to digest.
First of all, and after much anticipation, Epcot’s new nighttime spectacular Harmonious officially debuts on Oct. 1.
As previously announced, Harmonious takes place on the World Showcase Lagoon and will honor “Disney music that inspires people worldwide.”
Per Disney, “It’s a grand, powerful tribute to the stories and songs that unite us, embracing new technical magic that incorporates pyrotechnics, choreographed moving fountains, lighting and media in new ways.”
If that isn’t enough, there’s also a brand new nighttime show called “Disney Enchantment” kicking off on Oct. 1 at Magic Kingdom.
As described by Disney, the evening event “will take you on a journey filled with adventure, wonder and empowerment.” Disney Enchantment will also include music, enhanced lighting, fireworks, and for the first time projections extending from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A.
Disney hasn’t revealed future plans for Happily Ever After or if Disney Enchantment is temporary. It seems likely that the new evening show will only run for the duration of the 50th, but we will be sure to let you know if or when more details are announced.
Remember, Happily Ever After returns July 1 prior to the 50th, along with fireworks and Epcot Forever.
Speaking of shows, there’s also a new daytime show coming to Animal Kingdom called “Disney KiteTails” incorporating performers flying windcatchers and 3D kites with some stretching to 30 feet long. They will depict beloved characters, like Simba, Zazu, Baloo, and King Louie.
You’ll be able to catch the new daytime entertainment several times daily starting Oct. 1 at the Discovery River Amphitheater, where Rivers of Light used to take place.
At Magic Kingdom, a new cavalcade will debut starting Oct. 1 called “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade.” It will run several times daily and feature Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip ‘n’ Dale in all-new EARidescent costumes.
And, finally, guests will also be able to check out new “Disney Fab 50” golden sculptures across all four theme parks.
Specifically, there will be eight statues of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip ‘n’ Dale at Magic Kingdom beginning Oct. 1. Mickey and Minnie will be near the castle.
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours Adds New Stage Show & More Holiday News
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns March 9, Plus More Entertainment News
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022