In some unexpected, yet exciting news, the Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays has been extended — by one day.
Originally, the festival was supposed to run through Dec. 30, but now it will end on Dec. 31 instead.
It’s not a major extension, but it’s good to know that guests can enjoy the festival and all that comes with it for another whole day.
The modified Festival of the Holidays officially started on Friday, Nov. 27. From food booths, to performances from Voices of Liberty at the America Gardens Theatre, to the new Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition, to a massive patriotic gingerbread display, there’s a lot to enjoy across the World Showcase.
There are even holiday-themed cavalcades around the World Showcase, including:
- Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto travel around in wintery holiday attire and wave to guests.
- Frozen Promenade: Guests can see Anna and Elsa as they go around the World Showcase and “discover the spirit of the holidays.”
- Santa Claus Promenade: Santa greets guests in his horse-drawn carriage. This only runs through Dec. 24, whereas the other holiday cavalcades run through Dec. 31.
There’s definitely a lot to enjoy at Walt Disney World this year for the holidays, even though many celebrations are modified.
And if you didn’t hear, fireworks or “pyrotechnic pixie-dust moments,” according to Scott Gustin, are back at Magic Kingdom and show up briefly during the holiday projections on Cinderella Castle. They are described as “occasional bursts of merriment” and will occur through Dec. 30.
Each night, the castle transforms with different festive designs. The projections are in place of the Dream Lights and aren’t a show, but rather just add a bit of holiday spirit to the Magic Kingdom park icon.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- We stayed in an All-Star Music Family Suite: here’s our review - September 28, 2023
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at Garden Grill review: is lunch and dinner worth it? - September 27, 2023
- Be Our Guest review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023