In some unexpected, yet exciting news, the Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays has been extended — by one day.
Originally, the festival was supposed to run through Dec. 30, but now it will end on Dec. 31 instead.
It’s not a major extension, but it’s good to know that guests can enjoy the festival and all that comes with it for another whole day.
The modified Festival of the Holidays officially started on Friday, Nov. 27. From food booths, to performances from Voices of Liberty at the America Gardens Theatre, to the new Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition, to a massive patriotic gingerbread display, there’s a lot to enjoy across the World Showcase.
There are even holiday-themed cavalcades around the World Showcase, including:
- Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto travel around in wintery holiday attire and wave to guests.
- Frozen Promenade: Guests can see Anna and Elsa as they go around the World Showcase and “discover the spirit of the holidays.”
- Santa Claus Promenade: Santa greets guests in his horse-drawn carriage. This only runs through Dec. 24, whereas the other holiday cavalcades run through Dec. 31.
There’s definitely a lot to enjoy at Walt Disney World this year for the holidays, even though many celebrations are modified.
And if you didn’t hear, fireworks or “pyrotechnic pixie-dust moments,” according to Scott Gustin, are back at Magic Kingdom and show up briefly during the holiday projections on Cinderella Castle. They are described as “occasional bursts of merriment” and will occur through Dec. 30.
Each night, the castle transforms with different festive designs. The projections are in place of the Dream Lights and aren’t a show, but rather just add a bit of holiday spirit to the Magic Kingdom park icon.
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For The Holidays
- Magic Kingdom Holiday Cavalcades Will Run 7 Days A Week, Except For One
- Hollywood Studios Adds Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel & More Festive Details
- A Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Ends On November 22
- WDW Announces 2020 Holiday Offerings & MVMCP Isn’t One Of Them
- More Disneyland Dining News, Including Reservations At Trader Sam’s - August 4, 2021
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Pricing, Itinerary, & More Revealed - August 4, 2021
- Disneyland Announces New ‘Magic Key’ Annual Pass Program - August 3, 2021