In some unexpected, yet exciting news, the Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays has been extended — by one day.
Originally, the festival was supposed to run through Dec. 30, but now it will end on Dec. 31 instead.
It’s not a major extension, but it’s good to know that guests can enjoy the festival and all that comes with it for another whole day.
The modified Festival of the Holidays officially started on Friday, Nov. 27. From food booths, to performances from Voices of Liberty at the America Gardens Theatre, to the new Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition, to a massive patriotic gingerbread display, there’s a lot to enjoy across the World Showcase.
There are even holiday-themed cavalcades around the World Showcase, including:
- Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto travel around in wintery holiday attire and wave to guests.
- Frozen Promenade: Guests can see Anna and Elsa as they go around the World Showcase and “discover the spirit of the holidays.”
- Santa Claus Promenade: Santa greets guests in his horse-drawn carriage. This only runs through Dec. 24, whereas the other holiday cavalcades run through Dec. 31.
There’s definitely a lot to enjoy at Walt Disney World this year for the holidays, even though many celebrations are modified.
And if you didn’t hear, fireworks or “pyrotechnic pixie-dust moments,” according to Scott Gustin, are back at Magic Kingdom and show up briefly during the holiday projections on Cinderella Castle. They are described as “occasional bursts of merriment” and will occur through Dec. 30.
Each night, the castle transforms with different festive designs. The projections are in place of the Dream Lights and aren’t a show, but rather just add a bit of holiday spirit to the Magic Kingdom park icon.
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours Adds New Stage Show & More Holiday News
- Full 2021 Candlelight Processional Narrator List & Epcot Holiday Performers Released
- Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns March 9, Plus More Entertainment News
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022