Just like every other year, Animal Kingdom is hosting some special, limited-time celebrations in honor of Earth Month.
From April 18 to 24, guests will be able to enjoy a range of experiences. FYI: Earth Day is April 22, which is also Animal Kingdom’s anniversary. The park opened on this day in 1998.
Here’s what to expect:
- Unique Disney character appearances (it seems like new characters will pop up on the already existing character flotillas that sail across the Discovery River)
- Learning opportunities
- Specialty merchandise
- Themed food and beverage
- A new Wilderness Explorer activity
Regarding the treats, here’s what will be available for purchase: a Honey Bee Cupcake at Creature Comfort’s, a strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, and a Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake and the Crave the Wave cocktail at Restaurantosaurus Lounge.
You can also try self-guided, nature-themed challenges and earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge. Plus, there will even be an Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin.
When it comes to taking photos, the Disney PhotoPass Service will have special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and Magic Shots, including an all-new photo opportunity.
If that isn’t enough, starting April 2, you can watch as artisans transform 40 tons of sand into a detailed sculpture celebrating National Geographic’s Secrets of the Whales, an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. You’ll be able to find the sculpture on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.
There’s not only a lot to look forward to at Animal Kingdom for Earth Day, but at all of Walt Disney World for the upcoming 50th anniversary celebration. If you’re planning to visit Disney World anytime soon and want help, contact Small World Vacations.
- ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ Celebrations Coming To Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration Details Are Here
- Animal Kingdom Adds Capture Your Moment Sessions Starting May 17
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours & Festival Of The Holidays Dates Announced
- Reopening Dates Announced For Port Orleans Resorts, All-Star Music & Sports
- 9 Epcot Food and Wine Tips to Help You Navigate the 2021 Festival - September 28, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Holiday Guide (including the new After Hours) - September 23, 2021
- New 2021 Disneyland Fall & Holiday Room Offers Now Available - September 23, 2021