Disneyland officials confirmed to the Orange County Register on Nov. 19 that Disneyland Park will begin testing a hybrid standby and virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
This is yet another change coming to the virtual queue system at Disney parks that guests have become accustomed to joining in hopes of riding newer attractions.
Disneyland paused the virtual queue for WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure on Nov. 4, 2021 and Walt Disney World did the same for Rise of the Resistance at Hollywood Studios on Sept. 23, 2021. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot continues to use a virtual queue.
As for this new hybrid virtual/standby queue for Disneyland’s Rise of the Resistance, the test begins Monday, Nov. 22, 2021.
The Orange County Register reports, “Disneyland will begin the day with standby queue access for Rise of the Resistance and the park could potentially activate the virtual queue on certain days and times.”
Guests are encouraged to check the Disneyland mobile app before 7 a.m. (prior to arriving to the park) and also throughout the day to see if the attraction is using either a standby or virtual queue.
This is important: “If activated, visitors will need to be inside Disneyland to access the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue. Previously, the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue could be accessed anywhere — at Disneyland, DCA, Downtown Disney or from home or a hotel.”
Keep in mind that we still don’t know when Disney Genie and Genie+ officially launch at the West Coast park.
But, when the new system does debut, both Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS (along with Radiator Springs Racers) will offer paid Individual Lightning Lane selections.
This means guests will eventually have the chance to purchase entry for these three rides by using the a la carte Lightning Lane option.
We will keep you updated as we learn more about Rise of the Resistance’s individual Lightning Lane selection (including price) and how the park plans to move forward with the hybrid virtual/standby queue.
Remember, the virtual queue for WEB SLINGERS and Rise of the Resistance at Hollywood Studios could be activated from time to time as well, depending on crowds and other factors.
- Hollywood Studios Is Pausing Rise of the Resistance’s Virtual Queue
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Pause Its Virtual Queue
- Disneyland Confirms Rise of the Resistance Will Use Virtual Queue System
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Use A Virtual Queue
- Another Update Announced For The Rise Of The Resistance Virtual Queue
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December - November 29, 2021
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ 2021 Black Friday Offer - November 23, 2021
- New Sales Of Select Walt Disney World Annual Passes Currently Paused - November 22, 2021