We finally have news on Disneyland’s park reservation system and ticket sales. Remember, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure are set to reopen on April 30.
When it comes to visiting the theme parks, guests will need both valid theme park admission and a theme park reservation in order to be granted entry.
Furthermore, and as previously announced, only California residents are allowed to visit at this time and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.
As for the park reservation system and ticket sales, here’s what you need to know:
- April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
- April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PST and those who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
- April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PST, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Of course, those with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.
If you’re planning on staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (which is set to reopen on April 29), you still have to book a theme park reservation. A hotel stay does not guarantee a theme park reservation.
Those with Park Hopper tickets can choose, depending on availability, which park to start their day when booking theme park reservations. Then, they will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day.
A few other important details:
- Upon reopening, daily park hours are planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures.
- Disney plans to reopen dining bookings for select locations on April 22, with limited capacity. You will be able to book your dining reservation 60 days in advance on Disneyland.com or with the Disneyland App.
To keep tabs on the latest Disneyland’s reopening news, be sure to follow along with our complete guide, where we go over attractions, dining, health and safety protocols, and more.
If you want to plan a future trip to Disneyland, be sure to contact a travel planning professional at Small World Vacations.