Disney previously teased that some new updates were coming to the Haunted Mansion located in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park.
Guests can expect to see all of the following when Disneyland reopens on April 30, alongside Disney California Adventure.
On Monday, April 12, Disney teased that there is new landscaping in the pet cemetery adding to the stories of the dearly departed animals.
Plus, there are new drapes, carpet, and wallpaper!
If that isn’t enough, and as you can see in the featured image, Imagineers added an original piece of Haunted Mansion artwork called “April to December.”
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times published on April 12, the publication shared that this portrait is all thanks to famous animator and designer Marc Davis.
The “April to December” art was removed from the attraction’s portrait hallway in the mid-2000s, but is now back. To be clear, the painting is “newly created and uses more current technology,” Disney’s Michele Hobbs, who managed the Haunted Mansion refurbishment, told the L.A. Times.
That said, Hobbs clarified that “it is the original image, and it is the one our guests will recognize.”
As you can watch in the video below, she ages right before your eyes!
Disney also commented on the whether or not they’ll remove the controversial hanging scene that is part of the stretching room.
“It’s been discussed for sure,” Hobbs said. “It’s definitely something that we’re thinking about.” But, for right now, the scene is staying the same.
Be sure to read the entire L.A. Times piece for even more details on the enhancements coming to the iconic attraction.
- Traditional Character Meet & Greets Are Returning To Disney World & Disneyland
- MagicBand+ Debuts October 26 at Disneyland
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- 2023 Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced - November 21, 2022
- Oasis at Animal Kingdom (DiVine, Rainforest Cafe, animals) - November 21, 2022
- Mickey’s Toontown Reopens March 2023 at Disneyland - November 18, 2022