Disney previously teased that some new updates were coming to the Haunted Mansion located in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park.
Guests can expect to see all of the following when Disneyland reopens on April 30, alongside Disney California Adventure.
On Monday, April 12, Disney teased that there is new landscaping in the pet cemetery adding to the stories of the dearly departed animals.
Plus, there are new drapes, carpet, and wallpaper!
If that isn’t enough, and as you can see in the featured image, Imagineers added an original piece of Haunted Mansion artwork called “April to December.”
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times published on April 12, the publication shared that this portrait is all thanks to famous animator and designer Marc Davis.
The “April to December” art was removed from the attraction’s portrait hallway in the mid-2000s, but is now back. To be clear, the painting is “newly created and uses more current technology,” Disney’s Michele Hobbs, who managed the Haunted Mansion refurbishment, told the L.A. Times.
That said, Hobbs clarified that “it is the original image, and it is the one our guests will recognize.”
As you can watch in the video below, she ages right before your eyes!
Disney also commented on the whether or not they’ll remove the controversial hanging scene that is part of the stretching room.
“It’s been discussed for sure,” Hobbs said. “It’s definitely something that we’re thinking about.” But, for right now, the scene is staying the same.
Be sure to read the entire L.A. Times piece for even more details on the enhancements coming to the iconic attraction.
- Disneyland Will Reopen On April 30
- Disneyland Releases Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Distribution Times
- Disneyland Shares Details For Park Reservation System & Ticket Sales
- Disneyland Confirms Rise of the Resistance Will Use Virtual Queue System
- New ‘Coco’ Scene Is Coming To Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021