On Tuesday, Oct. 20, California theme park reopening guidelines were finally released. But, in some not-so-good news for Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure cannot reopen until Orange County (the county Anaheim is in) falls into the yellow tier and only at 25% capacity.
So what does this mean? Before you get too excited, this doesn’t mean Disneyland is reopening now or anytime soon. There isn’t a reopening date yet, which is also hard to determine, because Orange County is currently in the red tier, not the yellow tier.
The order of the tiers are as follows and based on the number of daily cases: purple (widespread), red (substantial), orange (moderate), and yellow (minimal).
Here’s a brief breakdown of the reopening guidelines that you need to know about right now:
- Appropriate face coverings will be required, except when eating or drinking
- Park reservations will also be required, in addition to valid theme park admission
- Dining locations will also be limited to 25% capacity
- All ride queues must be outdoors
- If a county falls back a tier and has more cases, there is a chance the state could request they close again
At this time, it remains unclear if or when Disneyland will reopen since the reopening is solely based on when Orange County enters the yellow tier. Who knows when that will be or how long that will take.
Disneyland Resort president Ken Potrock released a statement on Oct. 20 following the release of the theme park guidelines and said in part, “… these State guidelines will keep us shuttered for the foreseeable future, forcing thousands more people out of work, leading to the inevitable closure of small family-owed businesses, and irreparably devastating the Anaheim/Southern California community.”
Potrock also said the state of California is holding Disneyland and other theme parks “to a standard vastly different from other reopened businesses and state-operated facilities.”
Speaking of statements, Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu released a statement on Oct. 20 as well. “These guidelines fail working families and small businesses,” part of the statement reads. “As painful as this is, Disney and the city of Anaheim will survive. But too many Anaheim hotels, stores and restaurants will not survive another year of this.”
You can check out the full California theme park reopening guidelines online. As always, we will keep you apprised of any and all Disneyland reopening updates.
We also have our own Disneyland reopening guide that is updated with all new information.
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort Set To Finally Reopen In March 2022
- New 2022 Disneyland Summer Ticket Offer Now Available For California Residents
- Disneyland Testing Hybrid Standby & Virtual Queue For Rise Of The Resistance
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme - October 3, 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022