Summer might not be over yet and Halloween is basically around the corner, but that isn’t stopping Disney from announcing holiday news.
Disneyland’s upcoming holiday season kicks off November 11, 2022 and runs through January 8, 2023, the Disney Parks Blog announced on Tuesday, August 2.
There’s a lot to look forward to, including:
Disney California Adventure
- The 50-foot tall Christmas tree on Buena Vista Street
- Cars Land decorations, plus the seasonal attraction transformations of Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree
- World of Color – Season of Light
- Disney Festival of Holidays celebrating Christmas/Navidad, Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day with entertainment and festival marketplaces. The Sip and Savor Pass is also returning.
- Mickey’s Happy Holidays is back with a procession of Disney and Pixar characters dancing and marching along to the upbeat rhythms of the Holiday Toy Drummers
- There is also the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party, featuring Mickey and Minnie In festive fiesta attire and accompanied by Mexican folklórico dancers and Mariachis, Brazilian samba dancers and percussionists and giant mojiganga puppets
- Meet Mirabel in Paradise Gardens Park
- Santa Claus will meet at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Festive holiday décor, including the 60-foot-tall Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A and Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle enchanting from day to night with shimmering icicles and twinkling lights
- Disney characters in their finest holiday attire in Town Square (some will even have all-new outfits!)
- The return of A Christmas Fantasy Parade
- Watch “Believe… in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular in the evenings, which also include “snowfall” and colorful projections on Main Street and the façade of “it’s a small world”
- Goofy, Pluto, Chip ‘n’ Dale, and others will participate in nightly holiday dance parties at the Tomorrowland Terrace
- Of course, there are also the seasonal transformations of “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Special décor and photo opportunities
- Festive musical entertainment and special offerings from shops and restaurants
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- All 3 hotels will have themed Christmas trees
- Find performances from convivial carolers and visits from Santa Claus
- Don’t miss the gingerbread house display at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
The holidays at Disneyland are truly magical. If you’re ever able to visit during this time of year, we highly recommend it.
We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if or when more Disneyland holiday information is announced.
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort
- Harmony Barber Shop Reopening In July At Magic Kingdom
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- Traditional Character Meet & Greets Are Returning To Disney World & Disneyland
- 2023 Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced - November 21, 2022
- Oasis at Animal Kingdom (DiVine, Rainforest Cafe, animals) - November 21, 2022
- Mickey’s Toontown Reopens March 2023 at Disneyland - November 18, 2022