The information we’ve been waiting for is here! We finally know details about the park reservation system for Walt Disney World.
The “Disney Park Pass System” is required for all guests who wish to enter a Disney World theme park when they reopen beginning July 11.
Important dates to know:
First, here are the important dates you need to know when it comes to booking park reservations:
- June 22, 2020: Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations. This includes Swan & Dolphin and Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels (depending on availability).
- June 26, 2020: Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations
- June 28, 2020: Existing ticket holders can make reservations
Also important: The Disney Park Pass System will begin operations daily at 7 a.m. EST/4 a.m. PST. You must access it through a browser, not the app.
Note: Park reservations will be available through Sept. 26, 2021, based on your resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.
Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty.
- Guests with a ticket or an Annual Pass will be required to make an advanced reservation for park entry.
- Make sure you have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account and a valid theme park ticket or AP that’s linked to MDE. Don’t forget to also link your Disney Resort hotel reservation to MDE.
- When it comes time to making reservations, you will have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park.
- Multi-day ticket holders must make a park reservation for each date of their visit. And, yes, family and friends can link their tickets together in order to arrange theme park entries at the same time.
- Currently, park hopping isn’t allowed, but Disney hopes “to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.”
- Guests with existing tickets that include Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus will be able to modify or cancel. If you wish to make changes, here’s what to do starting June 22, 2020:
- You can extend it to Sept. 26, 2021 and modify by calling (407) 934-7639
- You can cancel your ticket or package by calling (407) 566-4985
Where to find the Disney Park Pass System
As we mentioned above, this new system is only accessible from a browser, not inside the My Disney Experience app.
To access it, via a browser navigate to the Walt Disney World website and click on the My Disney Experience menu.
Select Disney Park Pass System. If you aren’t logged in, you may be prompted to do so.
Note: if after the Disney Park Pass System opens up you still aren’t able to make reservations, while in the browser try logging out of My Disney Experience and then logging back in before trying these steps again.
If you are on a desktop, that will be in the upper right-hand corner.
If you are on a mobile device, you’ll want to click on the menu icon that looks like this in the upper left-hand corner .
Click to expand it and you’ll find a link to the system there.
Existing Ticket Holders & Annual Passholders
- Starting this week, Disney will reach out to existing ticket holders and APs with more details about making park reservations.
- The system will open in phases to those with existing tickets and APs, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays.
Future Ticket Sales
- Later this summer, sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals will resume, based on availability of park reservations. This will happen while Disney continues to provide existing ticket holders and APs the chance to make park reservations for 2020 dates.
- By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as the phased reopening continues.
- Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on the official WDW website prior to purchasing tickets.
New MagicBand Details
- An “innovative new offering” will be unveiled in 2021 as part of MDE that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices.
- This means, complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations will be retired with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021.
- Disney Resort hotel guests can still purchase new MagicBands at a discount. Plus, there will be more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters available.
- Guests who don’t want to buy a discounted MagicBand will be able to use MDE or a Key to the World card during their visit.
- MagicBands will still be offered in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using them throughout WDW.
You might be asking yourself the following, so allow us to answer!
1. How many reservations can Annual Passholders hold at once?
Annual Passholders with a Disney Resort hotel reservation can make theme park reservations for the entire length of their stay.
Eligible Passholders without a hotel reservation can make up to 3 theme park reservations at a time.
2. Will guests be allow to leave and return to the park they have a reservation for?
Yes, there is unlimited coming and going.
3. How far in advance can reservations be made?
Starting June 22, all dates through Sept. 2021 can make park reservations.
4. What about Passholder previews?
On July 9 and 10, Passholder previews for valid Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Premier Passholders will take place at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
Email invites will be sent out and, yes, reservations are required — and limited. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
APs can have one guest accompany them, but that guest must also be either a valid Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, or Premier Passholder and be listed on your Family and Friends list.
We will of course update you as soon as we learn more, including answers to the above questions! Until then, keep tabs on everything via our handy Disney World reopening guide.