Remember year book superlatives where you’d vote for “most likely to succeed” or “best car”? Well, today I have 10 different superlatives for Disney World to show you some of my favorite food, resorts, and attractions.
I also have a quick tip of the day to help a child who might be scared on a dark attraction.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in to possibly be on a future first-timer podcast
Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Disney World superlatives
- Best way to beat the heat: going into the shops, many of which are connected. You might also use this chart for good attractions to get out of the heat (and rain).
- Attraction most worthy of a FastPass+: Frozen Ever After at Epcot
- Best character dining experience: Garden Grill at Epcot
- Attraction most likely to soak you: Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom
- Most likely to make you cry: Celebrate the Magic at Magic Kingdom (watch my Facebook Live video of it)
- Best use of a snack credit: anything over $5 is ideal, with Food and Wine Festival snacks being the best value. Look for “DDP snack eligible” noted on Disney Food Blog’s Food and Wine menus.
- Most likely to make you laugh: historians at Frozen Sing-Along at Hollywood Studios
- Best smell at Disney World: Karamell-Küche caramel shop in the Germany pavilion at Epcot
- Most likely to break down: Frozen Ever After at Epcot
- Best overall resort (transportation, food, theming): Polynesian
Quick tip of the day
A listener named Erin sent me this tip: “You can completely skip the scary portion of Haunted Mansion and bypass the stretching room and creepy parts to walk straight onto the ride. Just let a Cast Member know as you walk from the outside of the queue into the Mansion and they will escort you through some hallways and straight to the ride. You get ahead of all those people in the stretching room and your kid avoids the scariest part. We’ve done it every time with my 4-year-old and he loves it!”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Expedition Everest Reopening In April, Will Be Added To Genie+