The Disney Parks are constantly evolving.
Like Walt Disney once said, “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.”
That’s exactly what we continue to see at the most magical place on earth. There is always something to look forward to, whether it be the opening of a new attraction, the return of a festival, or the reimagining of a show.
While Disney is good at teasing openings and returns by using words like, “coming soon” or “later this year,” we actually do know quite a few things that are coming in summer 2022 to Walt Disney World.
Again, we might not have exact dates for everything, but summer looks to be a pretty good time to visit Disney World.
Let’s take a look at the rides, shows, parties, transportation, and more that are slated to arrive this summer.
Everything coming in summer 2022 at Disney World
Walt Disney World 2023 Packages
Book Starting June 8, 2022
Disney World will open bookings for theme park tickets, Disney Resort hotel stays, and packages for visits in 2023 beginning June 8, 2022.
Throughout 2023, Early Theme Park Entry will also remain available to Disney Resort hotel guests.
Early Theme Park Entry allows Disney Resort Guests (as well as guests from other select hotels) the opportunity to enter any of the 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios) 30 minutes before non-Disney Resort guests.
Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond
Opening June 13, 2022
Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond is the reimagined musical coming to Animal Kingdom in summer 2022 that will take place in the timeline of Finding Dory.
The show is 25-minutes long and features a new script, set pieces, a LED video wall, a 32-foot-long sunken submarine, and a fish tank volcano standing nearly 15 feet tall.
You’ll watch as the group of fish from Dr. P. Sherman’s office tell Nemo’s story from the Marine Life Institute in California.
Even though this is a reimagining of the old Finding Nemo: The Musical, songs and production numbers from the original show are returning.
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Returns June 23, 2022
The popular Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue returns to Pioneer Hall at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort on June 23!
The return of the show will see a few updates to the script and scenery, including some brand-new backdrops.
Reservations opened on Thursday, May 26. You can begin making reservations 60 days prior to your trip around 6 a.m. EST. Sometimes, dining opens early starting at 5:45 a.m. EST.
There are 3 different showtimes: 4 p.m., 6:15 p.m, or 8:30 p.m. Seating will begin immediately at these times; the show begins 20 minutes later.
You can also choose between 3 seating categories:
- Main Floor (Category 1) – $74 per adult and $44 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Balcony Center (Category 2) – $69 per adult and $40 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Side Balcony (Category 3) – $66 per adult and $39 per child (ages 3 to 9)
Note: wheelchair-accessible seating is located in Category 1 and Category 2. Category 3 seating is located on the second floor of Pioneer Hall, which has no elevator access.
Returning June 29
After being gone for 2 years, Minnie Vans are making their return this summer on June 29.
If you don’t know, Minnie Vans are powered by Lyft and provides guests with point-to-point transfer around Disney property in perfectly-themed (and polka dotted!) 6 passenger Chevy Traverse and Chevy Suburbans.
The difference between Minnie Vans and Uber or Lyft are that these are driven by Disney Cast Members.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
Returns July 14, 2022
This year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival begins July 14 and will run all the way through November 19.
That’s a total of 129 days!
This year’s festival will have a total of 29 Global Marketplaces (aka food booths), with 1 that is completely brand new and 5 not opening until August 15. Per usual, there are also 4 additional locations.
Here’s the full food booth list:
- The Alps: Alpine cuisine, like warm Raclette Swiss cheese served with a baguette.
- Australia: Sample popular Australian food and wine.
- Appleseed Orchard: Apple creations, like an apple tart or apple cider.
- Belgium: Fuffy Belgian waffles and Belgian beer.
- Brazil: South American cuisine and culture.
- Brew-Wing at the Odyssey – Opening August 15: Flavorful chicken wings, beers, and ciders.
- Canada: Dishes and beverages from the Great White North.
- Coastal Eats (previously Lobster Landing) – Opening August 15: Seafood dishes that pair beautifully with cold beer, wine, and cocktails.
- China: Popular Chinese plates, bubble tea, draft beer, and cocktails.
- Earth Eats hosted by Impossible: Plant-based fare featuring Impossible foods, as well as wine or a refreshing cocktail.
- Flavors from Fire: Dishes inspired by campfire-cooked summertime favorites.
- France: Classic cuisine of France, along with assorted wines or a slushy cocktail.
- The Fry Basket – NEW!: Crispy French fries or yucca fries, seasoned to perfection.
- Germany: A range of Bavarian bites and beverages.
- Greece: Traditional Greek dishes, like spanakopita or a gyro.
- Hawaiʻi – Opening August 15: Tropical flavors and island favorites both savory and sweet.
- Hops & Barley: All-American craft beer, wines, and the hottest tastes from coast to coast.
- India: Indian cuisine, like samosas and chicken tikka masala.
- Ireland: Irish sausage and seafood pie. which pair wonderfully with Irish ale and mead honey wine.
- Italy: Some of the world’s best-loved food and wine.
- Japan: Delish dishes and lively libations from Japan.
- Kenya: Traditional Kenyan food and beer.
- Mac & Eats – Opening August 15: Macaroni-and-cheese combos.
- Mexico: Tacos, tostadas, Mexican craft beer, and margaritas.
- The Noodle Exchange – Opening August 15: Flavors of the Far East served up in noodle dishes.
- Shimmering Sips hosted by CORKCICLE: Sample sweet treats and sip on sparkling mimosas.
- Spain: Flavorful Spanish foods, like paella and charcuterie, along with beer and wine.
- The Swanky Saucy Swine: Pork dishes that pair well with wine and cocktails.
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina: Traditional Moroccan cuisine, like grilled kebabs and a falafel pita.
The 4 additional locations:
- Funnel Cake: Serving a specialty funnel cake.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company (all 4 in-park locations): Serving a different specialty beverage at each location.
- Refreshment Port Hosted by Boursin: Serving Canadian-inspired comfort food.
- Refreshment Outpost: Serving spicy githeri, a traditional Kenyan dish.
Festival of the Lion King
Reopens July 16, 2022
Animal Kingdom’s fan-favorite Festival of the Lion King (the full-fledged show) is once again opening on July 16.
But, know that the modified A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King show will close at the end of July 4, with the Festival of the Lion King kicking off starting July 16. This means, no shows will be performed from July 5 through July 15.
Upon the July 16 opening, you will also see the return of the Tumble Monkeys and the birds!
Fourth of July Fireworks
Return July 3 and 4, 2022
The Fourth of July fireworks will return on July 3 and 4 of 2022!
As it appears on the official Walt Disney World calendar, “Disney’s Celebrate America! — A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” fireworks spectacular are finally coming back to Magic Kingdom.
Right now, the calendar shows the fireworks happening at 9:20 p.m.
Be sure to keep checking the calendar for any schedule updates.This is the first time these fireworks will be performed at Disney World since 2019.
Harmony Barber Shop
Reopens July 31, 2022
Who’s ready to get their hair cut on Main Street, U.S.A. again?
Harmony Barber Shop at Magic Kingdom will finally reopen on July 31, 2022.
A limited number of reservations will be available to book in the My Disney Experience app beginning June 28. The barber shop will take in walk-in appointments, but these will only be accepted based on availability.
Once this happens, all of the businesses on Main Street will be fully operational again!
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Returns August 12, 2022
Following 2020’s controversial Disney After Hours Boo Bash event, you’ll be happy to hear that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is coming back to Magic Kingdom beginning August 12, 2022.
Party dates for 2022 are:
- August 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- September 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
- October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
Ticket prices range from $109-$199 (plus tax) for adults and $99-$189 (plus tax) for children.
Remember, this is a special ticket and separate from your regular park ticket.
Tickets are currently on sale.
Launches “This Summer”
MagicBand+ is an upgrade to the original MagicBand providing all the same functionality, plus new interactive additions.
It feels like we’ve been waiting forever for this launch (minus that one time the were released prematurely) — and we’re still waiting.
But, the good news is the bands are set to hit shelves in the summer!
What’s already happened this summer at Disney World
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Opened May 27, 2022
Epcot’s newest attraction (and very first roller coaster), Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind officially opened on May 27, 2022.
The indoor roller coaster is themed after Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. It features the first-ever reverse launch for a Disney coaster, is one of the longest enclosed coasters in the world, and has ride vehicles that rotate 360 degrees.
The attraction has also been dubbed an “Omnicoaster,” where guests are rotated along the ride track towards the action.
Upon opening, a Standby queue is not available, but guests can ride by either joining a virtual queue (there are 3 drop times) or purchasing the pay-per-ride option.
Animal Kingdom Parking Trams
Returned May 27, 2022
Parking trams returned to Animal Kingdom on May 27!
They first showed up at Magic Kingdom in December 2021. But, unfortunately, we still don’t know when you’ll be able to use parking trams again at Hollywood Studios or Epcot, except that it will be sometime this year.
H20 Glow After Hours
Returned May 28, 2022
Typhoon Lagoon’s H20 Glow After Hours returned to the Disney water park on May 28. The special-ticketed event runs every Saturday night through August 27, 2022.
Tickets are $75 (plus tax) per adult and $70 (plus tax) per children ages 3 to 9.
There are also discounts available for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members. Adult Passholders or DVC Members can save a total of $16 per ticket, with children saving a total of $21 per ticket.
The After Hours event includes a DJ dance party, access to every attraction, ice cream novelties and popcorn and select bottled beverages, and other snacks for an additional price.
Still to come in 2022 (or later) at Disney World
- Fantasmic: Returning to Hollywood Studios in 2022 with a brand new scene replacing the Pocahontas segment
- Hey Disney: Disney Resort hotel’s digital voice assistant is set to launch later this year
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ: The new Table Service spot coming to Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios is scheduled to welcome diners in 2022
- Jessie’s Trading Post: This themed-shop has a 2022 opening date and will carry a range of Toy Story-themed souvenirs
- Epcot and Hollywood Studios parking trams: Disney previously said all parking trams would come back throughout 2022
- TRON: Lightcycle Power Run: The new roller coaster in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland could see a 2022 opening
- Disney Dining Plan: All we know is the Disney Dining Plan will return “at a later date”
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: The royal transformation experience is set to return sometime “later this year”
- Annual Passes: The sales of new Annual Passes are expected to resume sometime in 2022
- More Epcot updates: Epcot’s new neighborhoods continue to go undergo a range of transformations, but it’s unclear when the “progress” walls will finally disappear
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort changes: New dining, rooms, and a lobby are coming, but not for a few years, including the opening of the Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers in 2023
We will be sure to keep you (and this post) updated as more dates are announced. Until then, tell us in the comments what you’re looking forward to the most from this list!
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023