The La Isla Fresca booth is all about the Caribbean.
In addition to both sweet and savory dishes, you can find some refreshing beverages here, including a tropical breeze with and without alcohol.
The dessert here is not only plant-based, but a true star. You also can’t go wrong with ordering the arepas with shrimp and the Key Lime Ale.
There’s even a gorgeous Encanto-themed garden next to the booth.
We really enjoyed this booth and think it’s definitely worth a stop. Though, keep in mind that the line can get long here.
It’s important to add that as of March 29, La Isla Fresca is also serving breakfast from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
A Cast Member told us on March 29 the breakfast menu is currently on a trial run with the possibility of sticking around for the remainder of the festival, which ends on July 4.
We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop.
Be sure to keep reading for our must-trys, photos, full reviews, and our ratings for La Isla Fresca’s original Flower & Garden menu (not breakfast).
Location: Between France and Morocco
Nearby booths: Tangerine Café: Flavors of the Medina, Fleur de Lys
Nearby seating areas: There are outdoor tables by the booth, standing tables nearby, and many outdoor tables in Morocco
Not to miss: Arepa topped with Shrimp, Coconut Tres Leches, Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale
La Isla Fresca Menu
|OUR RATING||MENU ITEM||PRICE||SPECIAL DIET||DISNEY DINING PLAN SNACK?|
|3/5||Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco||$5.00||GF||N/A|
|4/5||Arepa topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Ají and Tomato Sauce||$6.75||GF||N/A|
|3/5||Arepa topped with Chorizo||$6.25||N/A|
|4.8/5||Coconut Tres Leches: Vanilla Cake soaked in Oat Milk, Almond Milk and Coconut Milk with Toasted Coconut (Garden Graze)||$4.50||PB||N/A|
|OUR RATING||MENU ITEM||PRICE||MADE WITH ALCOHOL?|
|3.5/5||Tropical Breeze: Lemonade, Grapefruit and Simple Syrup (new)||$4.50||No|
|4.8/5||Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Islamorada, FL||$5.00 (6 oz.) / $9.00 (12 oz.)||Yes|
|2.5/5||Florida Orange Groves Winery Tropical Perception White Sangria, St. Petersburg, FL||$11.00||Yes|
|3.5/5||Tropical Breeze with Don Q Límon Rum|
When it comes to our reviews and ratings, we thought it would be helpful if you had a better understanding of our personal preferences (what we like and don’t like), along with if there are any dietary restrictions.
Here’s a breakdown of not only who is doing the reviews, but a little more information about what each of us likes and doesn’t like food and drink-wise.
- Likes: Almost everything
- Dislikes: Beers that taste “stinky,” anything too salty
- Dietary Restrictions: None
- Likes: Strong flavors, anything made out of potatoes, white wines, all beers (especially stouts and wheat beers), doesn’t mind sweet (plain fruit is NOT a dessert. Ever.)
- Dislikes: Things that are too spicy, anything with a bone still in it, cocktails with too much whiskey or tequila (thanks to having too much fun in college), some red wines, most IPAs
- Dietary Restrictions: Shellfish allergy
Felicia (Content Manager)
- Likes: Mezcal, savory drinks, stouts/lagers/wheats/sour beers, vinegar, tart/sour items, chocolate, fresh vegetables and fruits, red meat
- Dislikes: Ciders, sweet drinks, anything milky or creamy, chili powder, cumin, weirded out by textures, mayonnaise, saucy/wet food, cream-filled pastries, artificial fruit flavors, cooked fruits, frozen items (drinks or ice cream)
- Dietary Restrictions: None
- Likes: Cheesecake (the more sweets, the better), anything mint, hazy IPAs and wheat beers (big beer fan), tofu and most Impossible dishes, mushrooms
- Dislikes: Wine (only likes a few dry ones), cream ales and stouts/porters, super sweet cocktails, floral flavors (lavender, rose), anything almond-flavored, things that are too spicy, olives, meat and seafood (see below)
- Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian (personal choice)
Photos & Reviews
Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco
Arepas (cornmeal cakes) topped with Melted Queso Fresco.
Special Diets: Gluten-Friendly
Shannon: Too boring and plain. Needs something to add flavor.
Heather: Very plain. I wish the vegetarian option here was more exciting!
Felicia: This is very simple but I love it. The arepa is soft but sturdy so you can eat it like a mini-pizza. And it tastes kind of like a cheese pizza with no sauce.
Allyson: I didn’t think these had much flavor and were also somewhat dry.
Arepa topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Ají and Tomato Sauce
Arepa (cornmeal cake) topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Ají and Tomato Sauce.
Special Diets: Gluten-Friendly
Shannon: Love the mix of textures and flavors. Slight kick to it.
Felicia: Nice sized shrimp that are plump and cooked well. Little bit of spice from the aji’ and the tomato and avocado are delicious. The arepa looks soft and mostly is but you will need to cut it or pick it up to eat.
Arepa topped with Chorizo
Arepa (cornmeal cake) topped with Chorizo (pork sausage).
Special Diets: N/A
Shannon: Chorizo didn’t add enough flavor to the plain arepa.
Heather: Delicious! I really enjoyed these flavors. A bit spicy, though.
Felicia: Same as the queso arepa but with chorizo. The spice is heavy and not my favorite. But good option if you want some protein.
Coconut Tres Leches
Coconut Tres Leches is a vanilla cake soaked in oat milk, almond milk, and coconut milk with toasted coconut. This dish is also part of the Garden Graze, the food crawl where you can earn a prize.
Special Diets: Plant-Based
Shannon: Love the light coconut flavor. Manages to be soft without being soggy.
Heather: One of my favorite sweets from this festival! Loved it. Coconut without being fake and not too sweet.
Felicia: This was so good. The coconut is light, the whipped topping is light and perfectly sweet, not too much. The cake is moist and delicious but not soggy. So good and perfect on a hot day if you need (or want) a dessert.
Allyson: Give me all the coconut. Love this so much. So so good. And it’s plant-based!
The Tropical Breeze is non-alcoholic and made with Lemonade, Grapefruit and Simple Syrup. This is a new 2022 festival item.
Made with Alcohol?: No
Shannon: Refreshing but syrupy sweet.
Heather: I love grapefruit so this tastes delicious! So tart, though.
Felicia: Loved this. The grapefruit is a bit strong and bitter but I like the flavor. It’s not super sweet and it’s cold and refreshing.
Allyson: Super refreshing and great flavor. Couldn’t really tell the difference between this and the one with alcohol.
Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale
This Coconut Key Lime Ale is brewed by the Islamorada Beer Company in Islamorada, Florida.
Price: $5.00 (6 oz.) / $9.00 (12 oz.)
Made with Alcohol?: Yes
Shannon: Love love love the coconut lime combo. Refreshing. Delicious.
Heather: I absolutely love this beer. So refreshing without being too sweet.
Felicia: So good and refreshing. The coconut flavor is definitely there but not super sweet or over powering. Nice light lime taste. Easy to drink, not too heavy. Would love a full size of it.
Allyson: Really enjoyed this. The key lime really came through.
Tropical Perception White Sangria
This Tropical Perception White Sangria is made by Florida Orange Groves Winery in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Made with Alcohol?: Yes
Shannon: Sweet and small. Didn’t love.
Heather: Delicious white sangria. A bit heavy on the “sweet” to be too refreshing, but very good flavors.
Felicia: This is very sweet, but if you like tropical flavors and white wine this could be a good option for you.
Allyson: Good flavor, but also on the sweeter side. Not outstanding.
Tropical Breeze with Don Q Límon Rum
This Tropical Breeze is made with Don Q Límon Rum. This is also a new 2022 festival item.
Made with Alcohol?: Yes
Shannon: Tastes same as non-alcoholic version.
Heather: Love the freshness of the flavor here. Very tart, so it’s not great with the chorizo-but solo it is a win.
Felicia: Good with and without alcohol. Rum works well with this and it’s still refreshing. Loved it.
Allyson: Super refreshing and great flavor. Couldn’t really tell the difference between this and the one without alcohol.
2022 Flower & Garden Booth map
Check out all of the booths for the 2022 Flower and Garden Festival on the map below, including our favorite overall booths, favorite items at each booth, and locations for indoor and outdoor seating.
Save to your phone to easily reference later.
Flower & Garden Festival Booth links
Ready to explore more Flower & Garden Festival booths? Take a look at the links below for menus and reviews.
- Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market (Germany pavilion)
- Cider House (Near U.K. pavilion)
- The Citrus Blossom (Near Port of Entry)
- Epcot Farmers Feast (Near Test Track)
- Epcot Sunshine Griddle (Near Test Track)
- Flavor Full Kitchen (Between Imagination! pavilion and Refreshment Port)
- Fleur de Lys (France pavilion)
- Hanami (Japan pavilion)
- The Honey Bee-stro (Near Port of Entry)
- Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico pavilion)
- La Isla Fresca (Between Morocco and France)
- Lotus House (China pavilion)
- Magnolia Terrace (American Adventure)
- Northern Bloom (Canada pavilion)
- Pineapple Promenade (Near Port of Entry)
- Primavera Kitchen (Italy pavilion)
- Tangierine Café (Morocco pavilion)
- Trowel & Trellis (Near Disney Traders)
- Refreshment Outpost (Between China and Germany)
- Refreshment Port (Near Canada pavilion)
- Funnel Cakes (American Adventure)
Flower & Garden Festival data
Want to see all our reviews in 1 spot?
Clicking on the link below will allow you to copy our data into a Google Sheet that you can then use for your Flower & Garden planning purposes.
Read more about this year’s Flower & Garden Festival
Be sure to check out the following links to our Epcot Flower and Garden Festival posts, where we provide information, tips, and much more.
Here’s everything we’ve put together so far!
- 2022 Guide to Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival
- Where to Find Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Topiaries
- Our 7 Favorite Flower & Garden Festival Booths
- Best Food & Drinks at Epcot Flower & Garden 2022
- Best Values at Flower & Garden
- Favorite Vegetarian Options at Flower & Garden
- Best Gluten-Friendly Options at Flower & Garden
- Popular Flower & Garden Items That Really Aren’t Good
- Best Kid-Friendly Flower & Garden Menu Items
- 2022 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Menus Are Here
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Returns March 2022
- Steakhouse 71 Opens October 1 At Contemporary, Menus Released
- 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Menus Are Here
- 2021 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Menus Are Here