We have yet another update regarding masks at Walt Disney World.
Starting Aug. 19, face coverings will be optional for guests in outdoor attractions, outdoor queues, and outdoor theaters at Disney World.
That said, face coverings are still required for all guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and on Disney buses, the Monorail, and the Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status.
Masks have been optional for guests in outdoor common areas since May, but now the face covering policy is being relaxed once again to include other outdoor areas.
On July 28, Disney announced that as of July 30 all Cast Members and guests ages 2 and older (including those who are vaccinated) visiting Disney World and Disneyland must wear masks in all indoor locations.
For Disney World at the time, this also included upon entering and throughout all attractions. However, Disneyland’s policy stated that face coverings would be required “upon entering and throughout many attractions.”
Now Disney World is following in Disneyland’s footsteps.
On July 27, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advised that anyone, including those who have been fully-vaccinated, living in substantial or high-transmission areas once again wear masks in indoor public spaces.
COVID-19 cases have been on the rise across the nation thanks in part to the Delta variant, including Florida continuing to reach a high number of new cases each day.
Even Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings declared a local state of emergency on July 28.
Demings also urges everyone, including those vaccinated, to wear face coverings indoors. He’s even stressed the importance of businesses, residents, and visitors to follow the latest CDC guidelines.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated once or if any other mask updates are announced by Disney.
- Masks Now Optional Everywhere At Disney World
- What You Need To Know About Typhoon Lagoon’s January 2022 Reopening
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022 - September 20, 2022
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022