We have yet another update regarding masks at Walt Disney World.
Starting Aug. 19, face coverings will be optional for guests in outdoor attractions, outdoor queues, and outdoor theaters at Disney World.
That said, face coverings are still required for all guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and on Disney buses, the Monorail, and the Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status.
Masks have been optional for guests in outdoor common areas since May, but now the face covering policy is being relaxed once again to include other outdoor areas.
On July 28, Disney announced that as of July 30 all Cast Members and guests ages 2 and older (including those who are vaccinated) visiting Disney World and Disneyland must wear masks in all indoor locations.
For Disney World at the time, this also included upon entering and throughout all attractions. However, Disneyland’s policy stated that face coverings would be required “upon entering and throughout many attractions.”
Now Disney World is following in Disneyland’s footsteps.
On July 27, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advised that anyone, including those who have been fully-vaccinated, living in substantial or high-transmission areas once again wear masks in indoor public spaces.
COVID-19 cases have been on the rise across the nation thanks in part to the Delta variant, including Florida continuing to reach a high number of new cases each day.
Even Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings declared a local state of emergency on July 28.
Demings also urges everyone, including those vaccinated, to wear face coverings indoors. He’s even stressed the importance of businesses, residents, and visitors to follow the latest CDC guidelines.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated once or if any other mask updates are announced by Disney.
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors
- Disney World Guests Aren’t Required To Wear Masks Outdoors Starting May 15
- Disney World Announces Temporary Mask Removal When Taking Outdoor Photos
- Walt Disney World Is Reducing Physical Distancing In ‘Many Areas’
- Disney World Asks Guests To Reschedule If They Can’t Wear Masks Properly
- 6 Things To Look Forward To At Disney World That Aren’t 50th-Related - September 17, 2021
- Hollywood Studios Is Pausing Rise of the Resistance’s Virtual Queue - September 16, 2021
- Best Kid-Friendly Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - September 16, 2021