We have yet another update regarding masks at Walt Disney World.
Starting Aug. 19, face coverings will be optional for guests in outdoor attractions, outdoor queues, and outdoor theaters at Disney World.
That said, face coverings are still required for all guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and on Disney buses, the Monorail, and the Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status.
Masks have been optional for guests in outdoor common areas since May, but now the face covering policy is being relaxed once again to include other outdoor areas.
On July 28, Disney announced that as of July 30 all Cast Members and guests ages 2 and older (including those who are vaccinated) visiting Disney World and Disneyland must wear masks in all indoor locations.
For Disney World at the time, this also included upon entering and throughout all attractions. However, Disneyland’s policy stated that face coverings would be required “upon entering and throughout many attractions.”
Now Disney World is following in Disneyland’s footsteps.
On July 27, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advised that anyone, including those who have been fully-vaccinated, living in substantial or high-transmission areas once again wear masks in indoor public spaces.
COVID-19 cases have been on the rise across the nation thanks in part to the Delta variant, including Florida continuing to reach a high number of new cases each day.
Even Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings declared a local state of emergency on July 28.
Demings also urges everyone, including those vaccinated, to wear face coverings indoors. He’s even stressed the importance of businesses, residents, and visitors to follow the latest CDC guidelines.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated once or if any other mask updates are announced by Disney.
- Masks Now Optional Everywhere At Disney World
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- MagicBand+ Debuts October 26 at Disneyland
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Opening March 23 at Hollywood Studios - January 25, 2023
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom - January 17, 2023