We have an important update about Walt Disney World dining reservations that were made during the technical glitch on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
As reported by Disney Food Blog on Thursday, Nov. 5, a Disney representative confirmed that dining reservations made during the glitch will automatically be canceled. Any affected guests will also receive a $25 digital gift card.
According to the Disney rep, the new dining time slots that were listed on both the WDW website and via My Disney Experience were already full and they can’t accept anymore reservations for not only that reason, but because they still need to allow for social distancing.
Apparently, the dining availability was simply a glitch and nothing more. At the time, it seemed like WDW was opening up more dining availability and even increasing restaurant capacity, which is currently allowed by the state of Florida.
But, that wasn’t the case, and the additional dining inventory was nothing but a technical difficulty.
So, if you made a dining reservation then, it will automatically be canceled. But, as noted above, you will receive a Disney gift card, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for that in your email.
Allow us to also note that it remains unclear if any existing dining reservations that were made before Tuesday but were altered on Nov. 3 to a different time that was actually unavailable will go back to the original scheduled time. Keep in mind that the reservation could very well be canceled altogether.
If you’re concerned about this or have any other questions, you can try calling Walt Disney World directly at (407) 939-5277. Take note that call volumes might be heavier than normal due to this latest issue.
We will definitely let you know if any further information is released. Be sure to also check out our page on how dining currently works at WDW.
- 2021 Walt Disney World Marathon & Princess Half Marathon Are Now Virtual
- 2021 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend Is Now A Virtual Race
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Can Be Booked Through End Of 2021
- Disney Park Pass System Extended Through January 2022
- Walt Disney World Releases Date-Based, Multi-Day Ticket Update
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021