The dining news just doesn’t stop! On Aug. 20, Walt Disney World announced buffets are officially returning, but only at select Table Service restaurants right now.
We already know Boma — Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge reopened on Aug. 20 with buffet service for breakfast and dinner.
Following in Boma’s footsteps, two other restaurants (one at Epcot and the second at Magic Kingdom) are resurrecting buffet service, as well.
- Aug. 29 — Biergarten Restaurant in the Germany pavilion at Epcot will serve a lunch and dinner buffet (dishes include pretzel rolls, bratwurst, spätzle, schnitzel, apple strudel, and black forest rolls)
- Sept. 12 — The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom will serve a lunch and dinner buffet (offerings inlcude Parker House rolls, create-your-own fresh garden salad, seared pork tenderloin, fire-roasted prime rib, braised beef short ribs, and more)
In other exciting news, guests will once again be able to enjoy breakfast at a Table Service restaurant in Magic Kingdom.
Read our review of what it’s like to currently dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table without characters.
On Aug. 29, Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery reopens at Animal Kingdom with new entrees, including:
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies: Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aïoli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich: Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog: Spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aïoli served with house-made chips
If you didn’t hear, Dockside Diner is also reopening at Hollywood Studios starting Aug. 22.
There’s a lot of dining to look forward to! We’ll be sure to keep you updated on any other dining news Disney announces. Until then, be sure to check out our guide on how dining currently works at Disney World.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023