The dining news just doesn’t stop! On Aug. 20, Walt Disney World announced buffets are officially returning, but only at select Table Service restaurants right now.
We already know Boma — Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge reopened on Aug. 20 with buffet service for breakfast and dinner.
Following in Boma’s footsteps, two other restaurants (one at Epcot and the second at Magic Kingdom) are resurrecting buffet service, as well.
- Aug. 29 — Biergarten Restaurant in the Germany pavilion at Epcot will serve a lunch and dinner buffet (dishes include pretzel rolls, bratwurst, spätzle, schnitzel, apple strudel, and black forest rolls)
- Sept. 12 — The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom will serve a lunch and dinner buffet (offerings inlcude Parker House rolls, create-your-own fresh garden salad, seared pork tenderloin, fire-roasted prime rib, braised beef short ribs, and more)
In other exciting news, guests will once again be able to enjoy breakfast at a Table Service restaurant in Magic Kingdom.
Read our review of what it’s like to currently dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table without characters.
On Aug. 29, Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery reopens at Animal Kingdom with new entrees, including:
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies: Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aïoli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich: Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog: Spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aïoli served with house-made chips
If you didn’t hear, Dockside Diner is also reopening at Hollywood Studios starting Aug. 22.
There’s a lot of dining to look forward to! We’ll be sure to keep you updated on any other dining news Disney announces. Until then, be sure to check out our guide on how dining currently works at Disney World.
- ‘Ohana Character Dining Returning to Walt Disney World, Plus More
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package Announced at Disneyland
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December
- Changes Coming To Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, Including New Dining, Lobby, & Rooms
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Returning in June at Walt Disney World
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022