Walt Disney World isn’t messing around when it comes to enforcing face coverings. Disney recently added an update to the official WDW website stating that if guests can’t wear the proper masks correctly they should simply reschedule their trip and visit another time.
The message in full reads:
“Acceptable face coverings must be worn over your nose and mouth at all times except in designated areas. If you’re unable to do this, please reschedule your Walt Disney World visit to a later time.”
By “except designated areas,” Disney means Relaxation Stations and when you’re eating, drinking, or swimming. Remember, in order to remove your mask when eating or drinking, you must remain stationary and properly social distance from others.
This new language comes after signage was added across WDW in October stating (via BlogMickey.com), “Guests not properly wearing an approved mask will be asked to leave.”
The signage also shows an image of a person wearing a mask with arrows point up and down, meaning face coverings should completely cover your nose and mouth.
Wearing a mask certainly isn’t the most comfortable, nor does anyone want to truly wear a face covering, especially at a theme park and when it’s hot. But, this is Disney’s policy, not to mention they’re doing what they can to try and keep guests as safe as possible.
Speaking of their policy, here’s what you need to know about wearing masks at WDW, which are required for all guests ages 2 and up, including Cast Members.
All disposable and reusable face coverings must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
Currently, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings with valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind are not allowed. With that, be sure to check out our tips on wearing masks at WDW.
- Masks Now Optional Everywhere At Disney World
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Disney World Water Park Ticket Offer Available For Florida Residents
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Will Have a Virtual Queue, an Individual Lightning Lane, and a Locker System - January 27, 2023
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Opening March 23 at Hollywood Studios - January 25, 2023
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023