Walt Disney World has updated its face covering policy when it comes to taking outdoor photos.
According to the official website, guests will soon be allowed to temporarily remove masks during picture-taking. That said, there are still rules to be followed.
First, this new face covering policy officially goes into effect beginning April 8, 2021. Second, this is only a temporary removal. You can take off your mask quickly for an outdoor photo, but then you must put it back on and wear it appropriately.
Finally, when taking outdoor photos without a mask, you must maintain an appropriate physical distance during this time.
To be clear, masks are still required, but you are allowed to take them off temporarily when actively eating and drinking, swimming, and now taking photos outside. Again, you must be socially distanced from other guests when doing any of these activities.
As for PhotoPass photos, the website currently doesn’t state anything regarding temporary mask removal when a Disney PhotoPass photographer is taking a photo.
However, according to BlogMickey.com, “managers” confirmed that PhotoPass photographers will also begin “taking photos of maskless guests” starting April 8.
The Disney World website continues to say that Disney PhotoPass photographers won’t handle guests’ cameras or cellphones to take their photos.
We will keep you updated if or when more face covering policy updates are announced, including any changes for Disney PhotoPass.
- Disney World Guests Aren’t Required To Wear Masks Outdoors Starting May 15
- Disney World Is Removing Mask Requirements For Outdoor Rides & More
- Walt Disney World Is Reducing Physical Distancing In ‘Many Areas’
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors
- Animal Kingdom Adds Capture Your Moment Sessions Starting May 17
- 2022 Garden Rocks Concert Series Lineup Announced For Flower & Garden - January 12, 2022
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents - January 10, 2022
- 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Menus Are Here - January 7, 2022