Thursday, April 29, was an exciting day for the Disney Cruise Line. Dates, photos, and information were finally revealed for the newest ship, the Disney Wish.
This is the fifth ship in the fleet that already consists of the Disney Dream, the Disney Magic, the Disney Fantasy, and the Disney Wonder.
First things first, the maiden voyage for the Disney Wish is set for June 9, 2022 with a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Following the maiden voyage the season will consist of three- and four-night sailings to the same desitnations from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Important: Early booking for Castaway Club members and select Disney Guests begins May 17, 2021 with general booking opening on May 27, 2021.
Also important: Below is a graphic breaking down the special early booking window that’s exclusive to the inaugural season of the Disney Wish and includes an extended booking window for Platinum Castaway Club members based on their total number of sailings.
Now, let’s get to the other important details you’re probably dying to know, like dining, entertainment, staterooms, and the “first-ever Disney attraction at sea”!
Here are some basic facts to note about the staterooms on board:
- Inspired by “dreamy Disney stories”
- A total of 1,254 staterooms
- Most rooms will have split-bathrooms and offer an ocean view
- 877 of the rooms have verandahs and 451 connection doors adjoining rooms for larger families
- Double the number of premium concierge staterooms and suites, with 7 additional suites above the bridge with floor-to-ceiling windows and an exclusive lounge with a private sun deck
- 4 Royal Suites that can accommodate up to 6 guests and have first-class amenities, including a pair of 2-story suites — a Disney Cruise Line first!
There is so much dining, including exclusive spots for adults! And, yes, Rotational Dining is part of the Disney Wish.
Let’s talk family spaces first, which include three new concepts:
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure: This is Disney’s first Frozen-themed theatrical dining experience featuring Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf. There will be immersive live entertainment (the stage is in the center of the restaurant) and food with Nordic influences.
- Worlds of Marvel: Who’s ready to experience the “first-ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure”? Not only will be there be a menu inspired by the MCU, including Wakanda, but guests will be able to take part in “an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around you.”
- 1923: Appropriately named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, this is described as “an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy, paying homage to the golden age of animation and offering a tasteful tribute to its Californian heritage with dishes inspired by the state’s unique fusion of cultural flavors.”
Now, let’s get to the adult dining spaces!
First, there is a Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, which is “a high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship.” The bar will be strictly reserved for adults in the evenings with beverages inspired by destinations like Batuu, Tatooine, and Mustafar.
Then, there are what sound like three top-notch Beauty and the Beast dining experiences exclusively for adults!
- Palo Steakhouse: Similar to Palo on the four other Disney Cruise Line ships, Palo Steakhouse combines authentic Italian dining and a modern steakhouse all inspired by Cogsworth.
- Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement: This is considered the “most luxurious dining experience” on the ship with a gourmet menu crafted by the three-Michelin-starred chef. Of course, the restaurant is also all about Lumiere.
- The Rose: Finally, this lounge will be found at the entrance of Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté. And, yes, it’s inspired by the famous rose.
While not a restaurant, another area for adults is the Senses Spa that will offer spa and beauty treatments. There’s also a Senses Fitness center.
Pools & Attractions
Most importantly, the Disney Wish will have the “first-ever Disney attraction at sea” called the AquaMouse. This is similar to the AquaDuck water slide on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
But, this will be over two minutes long (double the length of the AquaDuck) and an actual attraction. There are show scenes themed to animated Mickey shorts, lighting, and special effects! Plus, there is 760 feet of winding tubes above the upper decks.
FYI: There’s a 42-inch height requirement for the AquaMouse.
If that isn’t enough, there are three themed water districts for families, children, and adults.
- Families: They can enjoy the Mickey and friends area with six pools staggered among the tiered decks and surrounded with lounge chairs.
- Kids: There’s an all-new Toy Story-themed district with a fun splash zone, wading pool, family waterslide, and smoothie bar.
- Adults: They can escape to the Quiet Cove area that has a poolside bar, a cafe, and the first-ever infinity pool on a Disney cruise ship.
Some of the best Disney entertainment can be found on the Disney Cruise Line! It sounds like the Disney Wish will continue doing just that thanks to the following entertainment options:
- The Grand Hall: At times, the welcome atrium will transform into a theater with help from built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney cruise ship.
- Luna: A brand-new entertainment hub that will offer live shows and interactive programming during the day for everyone and then turn into an evening venue for adults with special entertainment.
- Hero Zone: This is described as a “futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action-packed challenges and game show-style competitions for families to take on together.”
- Walt Disney Theatre (seen above): Original Broadway stage productions will perform here, including a reimagining of the Aladdin show that plays on the Disney Fantasy and two original shows created exclusively for the Disney Wish. Regarding the latter, details will be announced at a later date.
- Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas: There will also be two movie theaters inspired by Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. They’ll show classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfil, and more.
Kids Clubs & Childcare
There’s so much for kids to look forward to, including a training academy dedicated to Marvel!
For children ages 3 to 12, they can enjoy three spaces as part of Disney’s Oceaneer Club, including:
- Marvel Super Hero Academy: This is an Avengers headquarters where kids can train to be the next generation of Super Heroes with help from Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Fairytale Hall: Kids can find a trio of activity rooms here, including Rapunzel’s Art Studio, Belle’s Library, and Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab: Said to be “a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids,” the Imagineering lab gives kids the chance to learn the secrets of Disney Imagineers and even invent their own projects, including a virtual roller coaster.
There will also be the It’s a Small World Nursery for little ones ages 6 months to 3 years (babysitting services are also offered) and the Edge (ages 11 to 14) and Vibe (ages 14 to 17) youth clubs.
These are only just a few of the details and photos revealed. Stay tuned for more information and be sure to keep tabs on our complete guide to the Disney Wish that we’re in the process of updating with everything we know so far!
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Launches On March 1, 2022
- World of Color Dining & Dessert Packages Announced
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Returning in June at Walt Disney World
- Steakhouse 71 Opens October 1 At Contemporary, Menus Released
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours & Festival Of The Holidays Dates Announced