We have our first official reopening at Walt Disney World ever since it closed temporarily this past March. On Thursday, May 7, Disney announced that Disney Springs will reopen in phases starting May 20.
Disney Springs will not be opening in full. Only a limited number of shopping and dining experiences owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase.
To be clear, the rest of Walt Disney World will remain closed, including theme parks and hotels.
With the phased reopening, Disney Springs will also be implementing strict health and safety protocols, like:
- Increased cleaning procedures
- Use of appropriate face coverings by guests and cast members
- Limited-contact guest services
- Additional safety training for cast members
There will also be limitations on capacity, parking, and operating hours during the initial opening phase.
We will let you know if or when more information is announced, including which locations will be opening. To keep on top of updates, you can visit the official Disney Springs website.
Be sure to also check out our page for further information about Walt Disney World’s temporary closure.
- Walt Disney World Is Phasing Out Temperature Screenings Starting In May
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Mid-July
- The Reopening Of Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Is Delayed By Two Days
- More Details Announced For Disney Springs’ Phased Reopening
- Wolfgang Puck Express At Disney Springs Has Permanently Closed