The Disney Parks Blog announced that the Disney Skyliner has officially reopened following the incident that occurred on Oct. 5 at Walt Disney World.
The gondolas will run from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 14. Due to future “system updates,” the hours will be modified later in the week as follows:
- Oct. 16: The Hollywood Studios line will be closed, but the other two lines will run from 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Oct. 17-18: All of the lines will be open from 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Disney also released a statement about the Skyliner’s unexpected “malfunction” that caused guests to be evacuated after being stuck inside the cabins for hours.
The statement reads:
“Following a complete review with the manufacturer, we’ve made adjustments to our processes and training, and we are improving how we communicate with guests during their flight with Disney Skyliner. We again offer our deepest apologies to the guests impacted by the malfunction that resulted in extended operating delays on Oct. 5.”
Disney made it clear that sometimes the Skyliner will slow down or stop completely, especially when loading guests who need additional time boarding a cabin.
“We want to assure you that the comfort of every guest is important to us,” Disney also said in their official statement.
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- The NBA Experience Will Not Reopen At Disney Springs
- New BoardWalk Ice Cream Location Is Opening In Place Of Ample Hills
- Polynesian Village Resort Reopens July 19 At Walt Disney World
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ New Year’s 2022 Walt Disney World Offer