Who wants to stay in a Moana-themed room at Walt Disney World? Well, get ready, because you’ll have the chance soon enough.
On Friday, March 5, Disney shared a first look at the reimagined guest rooms coming to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. As previously teased, they are very much inspired by the 2016 film.
As revealed by Disney, the updated rooms have a new color palette inspired by the Pacific Ocean and its islands. There are, as you can see, patterns, details, and textures from Moana.
Of course, there are even characters from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film, including Moana, Maui, Hei Hei, and Pua.
The room transformations also incorporate all-new furnishing and fixtures. “Disney Imagineers took inspiration from the sandy ocean floor for the tiles and carved details in the vanity,” Disney shared. “The colorful patterns found throughout the room bring a whole new energy to the space, evoking undulating ocean waves and tropical flowers.”
The Polynesian is currently undergoing a major refurbishment. The resort is set to reopen in summer 2021 and just in time for WDW’s 50th-anniversary celebration.
Some of the updates include a new entryway and Monorail station, along with enhancements made to the gardens and fountains at the entrance.
The Villa and Bungalows at the Polynesian are currently open and accepting new reservations. Speaking of accepting reservations, Polynesian Village Resort is now accepting bookings for late July 2021.
If you want to stay in one of the reimagined guest rooms and explore the Polynesian following its refurbishment, Small World Vacations can help when with reservations.
- New Disney Vacation Club Villas Replacing Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show At Polynesian
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholder 2022 Holiday Room Discount Now Available
- 2022 Spring & Early Summer Disney World Resort Hotel Offers Now Available
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022