The Disney Park Pass System is sticking around for awhile. According to the official Walt Disney World website, “Park reservations are available for arrivals through the end of 2021, based on your vacation package and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.”
When the system first started reservations were available through Sept. 26, 2021, but according to the availability calendar eligible guests can book park reservations through Jan. 14, 2022.
Disney hasn’t made any comment on the extension of the reservation system or how long they plan to utilize it.
But, in August, Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro opened up to Roger Dow (via BlogMickey.com) about the park reservation system, Mobile Order, contactless menus, and more technologically-friendly items.
“The technology doesn’t only help us during a time of a pandemic, but I also think it actually leads to a better cast and guest experience,” D’Amaro said. “So these are things that are helping us now, but I think they’re here to stay.”
Again, it’s unclear what “here to stay” actually means.
However long the Disney Park Pass System sticks around, those who have never used it but are planning on visiting WDW in the future should definitely get acquainted with it.
For those unaware, to currently access the WDW theme parks, you need both valid theme park admission and a park reservation. If you don’t have either, you won’t be allowed entry. The system allows for Disney to maintain capacity, all while continuing to implement necessary health and safety guidelines.
Making park reservations is very easy, but there are only a certain number of reservations available for the three buckets of inventory offered (Theme Park Ticket Guests, Disney Resort Guests, and Annual Passholders). Once you’re ready to snag a park reservation, you should do so immediately.
For the ins and outs on the reservation system, be sure to read through our Disney Park Pass System guide that goes over everything, including how to book a park pass.
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Is No Longer Reopening In December 2021
- Disney World Water Park Ticket Offer Available For Florida Residents
- 2023 Disneyland Packages Now Available To Book
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022