If you have a Disney+ subscription, you’ll want to keep reading!
In September, Disney first announced it would celebrate Disney+’s 2-year anniversary on Nov. 12 with a day that they have appropriately dubbed, “Disney+ Day.”
Well, on Nov. 8, Disney revealed all kinds of special perks that will be offered to Disney+ subscribers, including benefits at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
Important: For select special parks benefits, you need valid theme park admission, a theme park reservation, and proof of Disney+ subscription. Regarding the latter, you’ll need show a logged-in home screen on a mobile device. Only one Disney+ subscription is required per party.
Here’s what to expect on both coasts on Friday, Nov. 12.
Early Theme Park Entry
Disney+ subscribers with valid theme park admission and theme park reservations can enter all Disney World and Disneyland Resort theme parks 30 minutes before regular park open.
Bonus early entry: Disney World Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels (Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin resorts) may enter 30 minutes before Disney+ subscribers, which is 60 minutes prior to regular park open!
Special Photo Opportunities
Disney+ subscribers visiting Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park will be welcomed with “a blue carpet experience,” including special photo opportunities.
There will be complimentary Digital Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot downloads taken at select locations, including the following.
- By the entrance to Tomorrowland, across from Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, featuring an Olaf Magic Shot
- Near the gazebo located behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, featuring a Peg Leg Pete Magic Shot
- Outside the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, next to the Rivers of America, featuring a Donald Duck Magic Shot
- Near the entrance to The Seas with Nemo & Friends, featuring a Baby Groot Magic Shot
- In front of the fountain next to Journey Into Imagination With Figment, featuring a Huey, Dewey and Louie Magic Shot
- By the back of the Morocco Pavilion, featuring a Disney+ prop
- Next to Echo Lake, featuring a Disney+ prop
- In front of The Incredible backdrop in Animation Courtyard, featuring a Violet and Jack-Jack Magic Shot
- Outside of the large archway near the market in Galaxy’s Edge, featuring a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard Magic Shot
- On the bridge between Expedition Everest and DinoLand U.S.A., featuring a Tuk Tuk Magic Shot
- Next to the Discovery River between Africa and Asia, featuring an Up Magic Shot
- Near the waterfall directly beneath the Tree of Life, featuring a Disney+ prop
- Grogu: entrance to the outer edges of Galaxy’s Edge (entering from Frontierland)
- Stormtroopers and K-2SO: outside Star Wars Launch Bay (2 Magic Shots in 1 location)
- Olaf: near the entrance to the Matterhorn Bobsleds
Disney California Adventure
- Jack-Jack and Violet’s Force Field: Pixar Pier Bridge (2 Magic Shots in 1 location)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Avengers Campus near the back exit to Cars Land (2 Magic Shots in 1 location)
Also, for subscribers at home, you can try an all-new AR feature just for Disney+ Day in the My Disney Experience app with a special appearance from Grogu.
After Disney+ Day, this special AR feature will only be available to those who have purchased Disney Genie+.
Appearances By Disney+ Characters
Fan favorite Disney+ characters will make appearances around Hollywood Studios, including in the motorcades.
At Disneyland Park, keep your eyes peeled in Town Square, Tomorrowland Terrace Stage, Fantasy Faire, near “it’s a small world” and also in Avengers Campus at California Adventure.
A full list of characters hasn’t been released.
Free shopDisney Shipping & Limited-Time Merchandise
Disney+ subscribers will get free shipping on shopDisney from Nov. 12-14.
For a limited time starting Nov. 8, shopDisney is rolling out new customizable products from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel including short sleeve and long sleeve T-shirts for kids and adults from Raya and the Last Dragon, Luca, Star Wars: The Bad Batch, and Loki.
Introductory Disney+ Subscription Offer
For non-Disney+ subscribers, you can sign up with a special, introductory offer, and get one month of Disney+ for only $1.99, then $7.99 per month.
Discounted Disney Publishing Worldwide eBook Rate
Disney Publishing Worldwide is offering select $0.99 cent eBooks Nov. 8-17, including stories behind Disney+ series like Loki, High School Music: The Musical: The Series, and The Mandalorian.
You can also take part in the release of a limited set of digital collectibles representing some of the most beloved characters and stories from iconic Disney franchises. Each digital collectible purchase will include a free offer code allowing new subscribers to enjoy several free months of Disney+.
You can find more Disney+ Day information in the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps. Just open each respective app and scroll until you see a tab about Disney+ or Disney+ Day.
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- New Disney+ Subscriber Offer Announced For Disney Cruise Line
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022