If you’re not a MagicBand fan and have been hoping for a new way to enter Walt Disney World theme parks, you’re going to like this news.
On Thursday, March 11, Disney announced its brand new Disney MagicMobile service. So what exactly is it? Allow us to explain.
In the most simplest of terms, the service is a contactless way to access MagicBand features, like theme park entry. But, now, guests will be able to do it through their iPhones, Apple Watches, or other smart devices.
Guests will be able to create a Disney MagicMobile pass through the My Disney Experience app and add it to their smart device’s digital wallet.
Disney MagicMobile will launch in phases starting later this year. It will roll out first on Apple devices.
Now, just because Disney is launching this new service doesn’t mean MagicBands are going to extinct. Whew! I don’t know about you, but I love MagicBands and think they’re super convenient — and fun!
When Disney MagicMobile launches, guests can choose to use the service or a MagicBand during their visits. Better yet, they can use both and alternate between the two.
If you didn’t know, Disney previously announced in June 2020 a new digital feature would be coming, giving guests the choice to not use a MagicBand.
Disney teased they were set to unveil an “innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature.”
The previously complimentary MagicBands are now priced at a special pre-order price of $5. If you already have a MagicBand, you can still reuse that band.
You can also continue to purchase MagicBands at retail locations and on shopDisney.com.
Speaking of MagicBands, Disney also announced on March 11 that more trendy new colors and fun designs featuring favorite Disney characters and stories will be released in the future.
And one final detail. The existing digital room key feature will continue to be available within My Disney Experience. Disney Resort hotel guests may also still pick up a Key to the World card at their hotel’s front desk.
There certainly is a lot to keep straight anymore when it comes to visiting Walt Disney World. If you want help, Small World Vacations can assist with all your planning needs.
- Disney Announces New MagicBand+, Launching In 2022
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022