The dessert party options at Disney World are often expensive or have better alternatives for about the same price. I’ve got ideas on that for you today.
I also have a quick photography tip, and recent news to share.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Dessert party alternatives
Instead of the Ferrytale Wishes Dessert Party ($99/adult) or the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party ($49/adult), consider dining at California Grill or booking the Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage ($69/adult).
There are sometimes dessert parties offered at Hollywood Studios and you should be able to do the various components of those packages a la carte pretty easily, including getting the specialty cupcakes at most of the Quick Service restaurants.
- Soarin’ will be closed January 4-summer 2016
- Minnie’s dinner at Hollywood & Vine will now be available as a long-term option
- Same-day Amazon delivery is now available in Orlando (check out these other ways to get groceries during your trip)
- The musical act in Morocco has left and a new musical act is there through January 2
- The miniature railroad in the Germany section of the World Showcase has reopened
- Design-your-own MagicBands will be coming soon to the Space Mountain gift shop
- Skipper Canteen appears to be opening just before Christmas
My eBook is a quick way to learn all about how to plan Disney World trips. It comes with a worksheet, touring plans, and maps for each park.
Quick tip of the day
Turn the flash on your camera off, especially during your trip where it rarely is useful.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Dessert Parties & Dining Packages Return To Disney World For The 50th
- Walt Disney World Shares Details For New Year’s Eve 2020 Celebrations
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December
- New ‘Coco’ Scene Is Coming To Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- When & How To Buy Disney Very Merriest After Hours Tickets