The dessert party options at Disney World are often expensive or have better alternatives for about the same price. I’ve got ideas on that for you today.
I also have a quick photography tip, and recent news to share.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Dessert party alternatives
Instead of the Ferrytale Wishes Dessert Party ($99/adult) or the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party ($49/adult), consider dining at California Grill or booking the Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage ($69/adult).
There are sometimes dessert parties offered at Hollywood Studios and you should be able to do the various components of those packages a la carte pretty easily, including getting the specialty cupcakes at most of the Quick Service restaurants.
- Soarin’ will be closed January 4-summer 2016
- Minnie’s dinner at Hollywood & Vine will now be available as a long-term option
- Same-day Amazon delivery is now available in Orlando (check out these other ways to get groceries during your trip)
- The musical act in Morocco has left and a new musical act is there through January 2
- The miniature railroad in the Germany section of the World Showcase has reopened
- Design-your-own MagicBands will be coming soon to the Space Mountain gift shop
- Skipper Canteen appears to be opening just before Christmas
My eBook is a quick way to learn all about how to plan Disney World trips. It comes with a worksheet, touring plans, and maps for each park.
Quick tip of the day
Turn the flash on your camera off, especially during your trip where it rarely is useful.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023