On May 7, Walt Disney World announced a new Halloween event would be coming to Magic Kingdom for the 2021 Halloween season in place of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party called Disney After Hours Boo Bash.
Well, as of June 2, Disney revealed even more details, including dates, pricing, entertainment, food and beverage information, and more.
Ticket Sales, Dates, & Pricing
Boo Bash will be held on 23 select nights for three hours beginning Aug. 10 through Oct. 31. You will be able to purchase tickets beginning June 15. But, guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can buy tickets as early as June 8.
The event takes place from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 20, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 3, 2021
The event takes place from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 8, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 15, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 22, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 29, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
Keep in mind that Boo Bash does not require guests to have an additional day theme park ticket or a Disney Park Pass reservation. Also, those with Boo Bash tickets can get into Magic Kingdom as early as 7 p.m. on the night of the event they’re attending.
You’ll be able to purchase tickets online or by calling 407-939-4240. Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Ticket prices are as follows:
- $129-$139 (plus tax) for August and September nights
- $159-$169 (plus tax) for October nights
- $199 (plus tax) for Oct. 31 event
Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members will receive a $10 discount for August and September events.
Cavalcades & Characters
You’ll be able to see several themed-cavalcades and characters throughout the evening, including:
- Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and friends in Halloween costume.
- Disney Villain Halloween Cavalcade: Gaston and friends, like Dr. Facilier, the Queen of Hearts, and Jafar.
- Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade: Watch Jack Skellington, Sally, and Oogie Boogie from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Catch Maleficient, the fire-breathing dragon from the Festival of Fantasy parade.
As for character sightings, you might see Goofy and Chip ‘n’ Dale in costume, Miss Carlotta, Miss Renatta and Broome the Butler at the Haunted Mansion, and Foulfellow and Gideon from Pinocchio. The Cadaver Dans will also perform.
Complimentary Treats & Other Goodies
There will be complimentary treats and select beverages included in the price of your ticket, like ice cream novelties and popcorn found at carts across the park. There will also be select menu items available for purchase at several dining locations.
Don’t worry, special treats for an additional cost are also part of the event, including an Apple Ginger Dale Frozen Drink (Frozen Apple Cider mixed with Ginger Ale and topped with Whipped Cream) and a Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake.
Attractions & Candy Stops
Not only will you be able to trick or treat around the park, including allergy-free options, but there will be over 20 attractions available, like: Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Mine Train, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, and Space Mountain.
Since Boo Bash only allows a limited number of guests to experience each event, this means there are smaller crowds and shorter waits.
New Decorations & Castle Lighting
Of course, you’ll be able to enjoy special decorations, lighting, and music. Cinderella Castle will also be covered with themed lighting.
For Disney World’s 50th anniversary, expect the park to design “a fall look with the enchanting story of Cinderella by creating special pumpkin coach decorations that will add to the park’s sparkling EARidescence during this magical time.”
Yes, there will also be Disney PhotoPass services available for guests to take fun photos, including Magic Shots!
You’ll even find special PhotoPass photo-ops at Mine Train, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.
Be sure to read our guide on Memory Maker to see if it’s worth the cost for you.
Costumes & Mask Policy
During Boo Bash, guests are welcome to wear costumes, but costumes masks are only permitted for children under 14.
At this time, appropriate face coverings are still required where specified, except for outdoor common areas. Read more about Disney World’s latest mask policy.
If you’re interested in visiting Disney World during the Halloween season (or anytime), Small World Vacations can help you with all your planning needs.
- New Disney After Hours BOO BASH Coming To Magic Kingdom For Halloween
- When & How To Buy Disney Very Merriest After Hours Tickets
- New 2021 Spring Into Magic Walt Disney World Offers Now Available
- Oogie Boogie Bash & More Halloween Fun Returning To Disneyland In Fall 2021
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours & Festival Of The Holidays Dates Announced
- 6 Things To Look Forward To At Disney World That Aren’t 50th-Related - September 17, 2021
- Hollywood Studios Is Pausing Rise of the Resistance’s Virtual Queue - September 16, 2021
- Best Kid-Friendly Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - September 16, 2021