Now here is some exciting news for Epcot, especially for those visiting the Walt Disney World park this summer.
On Friday, April 9, Disney announced two big pieces of news. The first being that MouseGear is no more.
A new flagship merchandise location called Creations Shop will replace MouseGear (for the time being, you can still shop at the current and temporary MouseGear located in FutureWorld).
Don’t worry, there will be plenty of merch to buy and the store is also celebrating Mickey Mouse in a big way.
As detailed on the Disney Parks Blog, “You’ll discover original homages to him throughout the space, including large, dynamic murals and new artist expressions that showcase the global, contemporary icon that Mickey has become for generations around the world.”
Disney’s goal is to make Creations Shop more than a place where guests buy merchandise.
“The products you’ll find here will extend Disney storytelling and allow you to bring that experience home with you, all while encouraging you to explore your own expressiveness and creativity,” they noted.
If that isn’t enough, a “revitalized” Club Cool Hosted by Coca-Cola is returning this summer as well! You’ll be able to find it adjacent to the Creations Shop.
Coca-Cola will be celebrated “in a fresh new way” and the location will also keep “the fan-favorite experience that invites you to explore tasty drinks from around the world.” Beverly, anyone?
There will even be “new magic” for guests to experience. The original Club Cool closed in September 2019 and its building was also demolished. Disney said Club Cool would return in a new location.
The Ratatouille-inspired attraction is set to open on Oct. 1, 2021, the same day Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration begins.
There’s definitely a lot to look forward to. If you’d like to visit Disney World this summer, a travel professional at Small World Vacations can help you when it comes to planning and booking.
- New Disney Vacation Club Villas Replacing Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show At Polynesian
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- Harmony Barber Shop Reopening In July At Magic Kingdom
- Minnie Vans Returning To Disney World In Summer 2022
- The Epcot Experience Is Permanently Closing In March 2022
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme - October 3, 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022