Complimentary MagicBands are no more. Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels starting Jan. 1 and beyond will no longer receive free MagicBands.
In June 2020, Disney revealed that they’re set to unveil an “innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature.”
At the time, Disney also noted that they would be “retiring” their complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests.
The previously complimentary MagicBands are now priced at a special pre-order price of $5. If you already have a MagicBand, you can still reuse that band.
If you want to still buy a band, you can. MagicBands are available for purchase at retail locations and on shopDisney.com. If you choose not to use a MagicBand, the Front Desk can give you a Key to the World card.
Further details have yet to be provided about the “innovative new offering,” but we will let you whenever we learn more. Until then, we have a complete guide on MagicBands and how they work, so be sure to check that out.
There are certainly a lot of changes coming to Walt Disney World in 2021, including the return of the Park Hopper option and the reopening of Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. If you’re interested in visiting in 2021, Small World Vacations can help.
- Disney Announces New Disney MagicMobile Service
- Disney Announces New MagicBand+, Launching In 2022
- Disney MagicMobile Is Now Available For Select Disney World Guests
- Polynesian Village Resort Reopens July 19 At Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Club Level Lounges
- Where To Find Santa Claus At Disney World For The 2021 Holiday Season - December 2, 2021
- Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Return In 2022 - December 2, 2021
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December - November 29, 2021