We finally have an opening date for Club Cool and the new Creations Shop coming to Epcot.
Doors to both locations officially open on Sept. 15, 2021, the Disney Parks Blog revealed on social media on Tuesday, Sept. 7.
Alongside the opening announcement, Disney also shared a sneak peek of the new Epcot Light & Color Collection that will be sold exclusively at the Creations Shop come Sept. 15.
The “futuristic gear was inspired by the historic transformation of Epcot.”
As you can see below, you’ll soon be able to purchase Spaceship Earth-inspired items, including a brand new pair of light-up ears, a hat, a bag, and a coffee mug, and what appears to be a vase and an ornament.
Regarding the upcoming collection, Disney noted, “In the same way that Disney Imagineers implemented color, materials and light throughout the design of Creation Shop, the Epcot Light & Color Collection explores the story of Epcot through the whimsical application of light, the playful use of bold color and iconic Epcot landmarks and characters.”
Per Disney, there will be another “first look at the range of ‘Color’ products.” It appears new items will continue to be released in this collection and they will range in color.
Disney shared in April that the Creations Shop would become the new flagship merchandise store at the park in place of MouseGear.
Creations Shop will honor Mickey Mouse in a variety of ways, including with the new “Mouse in Motion” mural (as seen above).
FYI: You can currently continue to shop at the temporary MouseGear location in FutureWorld.
The return of Club Cool was also announced in April. The location will be adjacent to the Creations Shop.
Don’t fret, as the Disney Parks Blog confirmed in a May 8 TikTok, the Beverly will once again be part of the Club Cool tasting experience.
There are a lot of changes ahead for Epcot, including the opening of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and La Crêperie de Paris in the France pavilion on Oct.1, the official kickoff the 50th anniversary celebration.
- Disney Announces New MagicBand+, Launching In 2022
- Fantasmic Returning & More Announced At Destination D23 2021
- Harmony Barber Shop Reopening In July At Magic Kingdom
- Salt & Straw Officially Opens At Disney Springs
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant Finally Opening In 2022 At Toy Story Land
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022 - September 20, 2022
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022